YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was talkin to ed from teixera racing a sponsor

and he said i cant use fox because they dont make shocks unless they have the shocks designed for the arms which they will in time but i got no time

ive heard they dont make custom shocks and i need a 19 1/2

so does this mean i cant get them through alba or any other companies??

i guess ill have to go spring??

they said they have to set them up for the r??

s long as the shock is the right size i thought it was ok

thanks-greg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Call Norris Quinn at Quinn Motorsports and talk to him.
1-706-384-4795

·
Registered
311 Posts
No, Fox wont just make a special length for anyone. So you won't be able to get that length of fox from any dealer. But if you know a shock person you like they might be able to cut one shorter. Fox will be making shocks for Ed's a-arms in a few weeks. I know, because they are building them for me.
If I was you, I would wait for Fox to finish. You could just put any shock the right length on it yes. But The shock companies usually like to do some testing to make sure their initial valving is correct because that might need to be different for each quad.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya thats what ed said.

so fox doesnt have a 19 1/2 inch shock ont he market??

idk maybe ill go pep ill find out soon thanks.

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
QUOTE (dirtblast @ Feb 26 2009, 06:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=751411
Call Norris Quinn at Quinn Motorsports and talk to him.
1-706-384-4795[/b]
Exactly what I was gonna say. :clap: Are you coming to the SE Quads race at Mill Creek next weekend?

QUOTE (waters racing @ Feb 26 2009, 07:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=751417
No, Fox wont just make a special length for anyone.[/b]
How sure are you about that? I know Norris Quinn has one of Tim Farr's last Laeger Pro Traxx hybrids, and Fox made him a set of Evols for the front of it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
By anyone, I met "just anyone". Fox will do some special stuff for their riders which is why Fox will have the shock eventually because they will be building something for me.

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
MMM...I love my FOX Evols..... :bowdown:

·
dippy doodle
2,801 Posts
QUOTE (GRS 22 @ Feb 26 2009, 04:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=751399
i was talkin to ed from teixera racing a sponsor

and he said i cant use fox because they dont make shocks unless they have the shocks designed for the arms which they will in time but i got no time

ive heard they dont make custom shocks and i need a 19 1/2

so does this mean i cant get them through alba or any other companies??

i guess ill have to go spring??

they said they have to set them up for the r??

s long as the shock is the right size i thought it was ok

thanks-greg[/b]
Talk to Daddio on here. He is running fox shocks on his sons R. And I'm pretty sure they are off of his normal yfz. They are the fox evol shocks.

·
Registered
443 Posts
i talked to fox about a week ago trying to get some shocks made for my new houser a-arms but they couldnt do it for me because they do not have a yfzr there to put the arms on and test them. they do have a shock off the shelf that would match up to the houser specs with some special mods but they wouldnt sell it to me with out it being tested by there R&D department...im sure if your a well known rider for them they would hook you up but this is my first season being sponsored by them so im a nobody lol
unfortuantly i might have to go with a different brand because i dont want to wait till the middle of the season to use my brand new a-arms.. they told me they dont know when they would be getting in a new yfzr.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts