YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on taking my baffle out, however next month I am going to Silver lake and they require a spark arrestor. If I take my baffle out will I be able to get it back in when I go to the dunes? Taking the baffle out does not ruin it or anything so it wont go back in will it?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I just about destroyed mine getting it out. You can try running your quad until it gets warm and then see if it is any easier to remove when it is hot. I know that on mine I couldnt get it out without crushing it with a pair of channel locks.
Isaac

·
Registered
625 Posts
Ditto to Isaac and give it a twist anticlockwise.

Geoff.

·
Registered
165 Posts
This seems to be such a hard topic, but yet its so simple. If you just take your time, with a pair of channel locks, simply twist and pull, you should be able to easily get it out with maybe just scratching it a little, and it will go back in just as easily.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Slide hammer inserted into the peashooter-pops right out. :lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
If they arent removed right away, they get harder and harder to remove. I removed mine the second day I owned it, and I pulled it out by hand, after removing the bolt. I just removed my buddies (as well as doing the cam-mod for him), and his is only 3 weeks newer than mine, and I had to destroy it to get it out. It was already rusted in there!!!!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
before you take it out, remeber to remove the bolt on the bottom of the pipe. it doesnt hold it in, but when i took it off, it came out easier :what

but to answer your question, you can put it back in, but remember...you think it runs lean stock, wait til you take the baffel out... :lol ....may i suggest a rejet :) takes like 5 min to change the main. losen the sides of the carb, and just turn it. the main is on the bottom. id suggest go up 2 sizes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts