YFZ Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALRIGHT I JUST GOT A NEW HMF FULL EXHAUST,CAM MOD, AIRBOX W FILTER. I TRIED TO START IT AND IT STARTS FOR ABOUT 30 SECONDS AND THEN STOPS. SO I STARTED IT AND HELD THE THROTTLE TO TRY TO GET IT TO WARM UP AND AS SOON AS I LET GO IT RUNS FOR A BIT BUT THENS STOPS AGAIN. I REJETTED AND I PUT IN A 175 MAIN,45 PILOT,YZ NEEDLE 5TH POS. AND 2 TURNS AIR SCREW. I ALSO RODE IT AND IT RUN PRETTY GOOD IN FIRST BUT I LIVE IN JERSEY AND THE SNOW PREVENTED ME TO REALLY HAMMER IT. BUT I WANT THE QUAD TO IDLE FOR ME. PLEASE HELP ME GUYS. THANKS.

G

·
Turn the idle it 4-7 notches (forward) THIS REALLLY HELPS. it may rev a little high but its no biggie! this is important! :D

turn air screw 1/2 more turn.

i think should try and put it on clip 4
that may work better since its the yz needle. :rock
:yfz

·
Registered
201 Posts
and try the 48 piliot, that should help also.
:lol

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
if you have not adjusted your idle yet.. then do that first.. should be a black knob on the left side of the carb as you sit on the bike that you turn to increase or decrease the rpms at idle.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by FAST1@Jan 27 2004, 10:57 AM
if you have not adjusted your idle yet.. then do that first.. should be a black knob on the left side of the bike that you turn to increase or decrease the rpms at idle.
on the carb

·
Registered
136 Posts
im having the same issues ....what if I have to have my idle knob all the way up.....what needs to be changed ??pilot?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is there another way to adjust besides the idle knob. i did turn it up a little but i also don't want to make it idle to high. is their another way??? help

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by 03'z400@Jan 27 2004, 11:48 AM
im having the same issues ....what if I have to have my idle knob all the way up.....what needs to be changed ??pilot?
what did u do to the carb. i'm right at sea level.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Well, if you have the idle up all the way, thats way too high. I am not sure how far mine is up, so sorry, cant help you there, but I'll tell ya what, if it was all the way up, it would probably idle at 10,000rpms
This is my set up, I am at 2500 ft though, and its winter. I am running a 175M, 48P, yzneedle, on 4th Pos, 2 turns out on the screw.
I have the idle set so it idles, sorry I can't be any more help with that. It does need to idle a touch higher once you do you cam mod though. I know after I did mine, I had to move it up about 4 clicks. Good luck man!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by tmm403@Jan 27 2004, 10:12 AM
ALRIGHT I JUST GOT A NEW HMF FULL EXHAUST,CAM MOD, AIRBOX W FILTER. I TRIED TO START IT AND IT STARTS FOR ABOUT 30 SECONDS AND THEN STOPS. SO I STARTED IT AND HELD THE THROTTLE TO TRY TO GET IT TO WARM UP AND AS SOON AS I LET GO IT RUNS FOR A BIT BUT THENS STOPS AGAIN. I REJETTED AND I PUT IN A 175 MAIN,45 PILOT,YZ NEEDLE 5TH POS. AND 2 TURNS AIR SCREW. I ALSO RODE IT AND IT RUN PRETTY GOOD IN FIRST BUT I LIVE IN JERSEY AND THE SNOW PREVENTED ME TO REALLY HAMMER IT. BUT I WANT THE QUAD TO IDLE FOR ME. PLEASE HELP ME GUYS. THANKS.
YZ NEEDLE 5TH POS? I'd say you Idle is way to low for your idling problems. Also drop you needle to the 4th position. Also DOUBLE check the numbers on everything including the needle and make sure they are correct.

Here is mine and it's flawless so far. Ive went higher, lower and lost power every time.

270 foot elevation, temp at 45-50 when tested.
Mod's are:
Cam Mod
No lid on Airbox, sparky removed from pipe.
GYT-R air filter
168MJ
45P
YZ needle in the 3rd position....
2 turns out on the fuel screw.
jarsong

·
Registered
634 Posts
To make a diagnosis, it always helps to start at the beginning.

stay on track and in order

note any changes or differences

then ask yourself HOW CAN THOSE CHANGES AFFECT THE OUTCOME?

and the only answer is this

you did a lot of mods and it doesn't run afterward.

probably jettting incorectly,

second - did you damage anything doing the mods? (probably not)

there is a TORS switch that pulls out of whack on the carb if your not carful but it basically wont run if you do this,
since yours runs but just wont idle it is the jetting

go up to pilot 48 and or get a jet kit from pahrump

that should fix it.

use the needle #3 or #4 on the new NCVQ needle you will recieve.

if you can't afford a jet kit you will have to modify your needle to be able to use clip #6 or #7 instead and you still need a 48 pilot, so get the jet kit from pahrump that is only 35 bucks and a steal of a deal considering alll your headache trying to get those parts togethere and waiting three weeks and paying almost that much.

I think Pahrump just likes to stay busy, he cant be making much profit on that kit :lol

G

·
Originally posted by BaTTerUp450+Jan 27 2004, 11:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BaTTerUp450 @ Jan 27 2004, 11:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--FAST1@Jan 27 2004, 10:57 AM
if you have not adjusted your idle yet.. then do that first.. should be a black knob on the left side of the bike that you turn to increase or decrease the rpms at idle.
on the carb [/b][/quote]
No, its deffinatly on the top right of the carb, i think its flush to the throttle. :re :lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts