YFZ Central banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
the idle screw is on the left side towards the rear of the carb. its a black twist knob.

Oh and YOUR STUPID!!!!!! hey you asked :lol

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
it just has a round slide and a spring in it, not sure what it does though. looks like what a choke looks like even though it's not the choke.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by 03'z400@Feb 6 2004, 08:28 PM
whats the black knob on the TOP of the carb?
That is where the hot start cable goes.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by MXCOP@Feb 9 2004, 10:48 AM
Pahrump - is that the black knob above the choke that does not have a name or number on the carb schematic?
Yeah that's it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
(idle adjustment on the carb)

what this do???and why??? how???
....i am either stupid or new but what ilnow that i realy need the answer

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by yfz450prince@Feb 12 2004, 07:40 PM
(idle adjustment on the carb)

what this do???and why??? how???
....i am either stupid or new but what ilnow that i realy need the answer
It raises or lowers the RPM at which the quads idles.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I would take it to clockwise raises the RPM and Counterclockwise lowers it, but does anyone know how to tell what RPM you are at when setting this

·
Registered
253 Posts
put your lips together and pucker up. then take your index finger(right or left, whichever you're more comfortable with)...make a fist and extend only your index finger. while holding finger horizontally, touch it to the middle of your "pursed lips" then move your finger in an "up and down" motion against your lips as fast as possible while making a soft humming sound.

as you increase your speed, raise the pitch of your humming. If you do that as fast as you can...that will be approximately equal to 500rpm.

...p.s. do this either inside the garage or inside the house.(neighbors) :rock

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
There is no way to "Know" the RPM's without a tach.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Originally posted by fly'in YFZ@Feb 20 2004, 06:59 PM
put your lips together and pucker up. then take your index finger(right or left, whichever you're more comfortable with)...make a fist and extend only your index finger. while holding finger horizontally, touch it to the middle of your "pursed lips" then move your finger in an "up and down" motion against your lips as fast as possible while making a soft humming sound.

as you increase your speed, raise the pitch of your humming. If you do that as fast as you can...that will be approximately equal to 500rpm.

...p.s. do this either inside the garage or inside the house.(neighbors) :rock
Im not gonna attempt that!, but i figured you really couldnt tell what the rpms were at without a tach myself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts