YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I have put this in the correct section but I'm having a issue with idle when cold in my 05 yfz450 when cold it will idle for about a minute then cut out even idle for a few minutes then just cut out out. It's not until I have taken it for a good 5-10 min ride that it will sit there and idle. When it cuts out and I have to restart it seems to turn over a few before starting sometimes I gotta give it a little throttle to get it started. I have tried the idle adjust but doesn't seem to help any idea?

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Sounds pretty normal to me. Mine does the same thing. So did my other two yfz's. I have to hold the throttle just ever so slightly for it to idle when cold. Until the motor is at operating temp.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
As long as it idles when it´s warm, that´s the important part. That´s when it´s supposed to be tuned. If you start it with the choke pulled, and then it dies, push the choke back in and start it again. If it still won´t idle on its own, then you may need to adjust the fuel screw. Make sure you adjust the fuel when it´s warm, though. No sense adjusting for a condition in which you shouldn´t be riding it, right?

·
Registered
703 Posts
I usually just turn the idle speed knob up a bit til it warms up and then turn it back down. Otherwise mine will cut out too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.