YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded to a vortex x10 ECU on my 2019 Yfz450r and I’m getting the dash flash 8 times which Vortex says is an IAT sensor issue. I’m not 100% what sensor that is, I count find it in the Clymer manual. Is it the one that plugs into the intake? I’ve tried the manual and google and forum search and can’t seem to find anything on this sensor. Has anyone had this issue or can help?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
I recently upgraded to a vortex x10 ECU on my 2019 Yfz450r and I’m getting the dash flash 8 times which Vortex says is an IAT sensor issue. I’m not 100% what sensor that is, I count find it in the Clymer manual. Is it the one that plugs into the intake? I’ve tried the manual and google and forum search and can’t seem to find anything on this sensor. Has anyone had this issue or can help?

Thanks

IAT Sensor = Intake Air Temperature Sensor, it is what tells your ECU what temp the air is coming into the engine to aid in properly calculating the air to fuel mixture. Seeing that you started getting this error after the Vortex install, is it fair to assume you upgraded your intake as well? Almost everyone does in some fashion. Is it possible you forgot to plug it back in, didn’t seat it properly in the bung or damaged it when taking it out and reinstalling it? It’s not uncommon, they can be rather fragile. I’d start there and worst case scenario bite the bullet, pay the $25 to get a new OEM IAT Sensor and carefully reinstall. I have added the schematic, the IAT Sensor is highlighted in red #9. Keep us updated!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the information, I tried to delete the post but couldn’t figure out how to. Short version is the old tuner had the light flashing all the time, and the IAT sensor was cracked. Replaced and was good to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts