YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The track has a few small jumps in it so it does not need to be slamed. waht other parts help for flat track, I am new to this so I take any advise but, I have plenty of motor, thanks to TTM RACING.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Lowering kits, sway bars for stability, tires by Hoosier, American Racing, or Duro, shorter swing arm to get more weight over the axle for better traction, remove ANYTHING not needed to race to become as light as possible, and motor work! Serious flat tracker will have the lightest most powerful bikes out there. Get a lowering kit so you still have your suspension. Some people just ratchet strap them down to "squat" the bike. Sway bars are a must to help keep you square to the track. Greatly increasing your speed through the corners. You will have to mess around with your gearing and see how your motor pulls for that particular track. Going up or down with tooth count in the front sprocket is the most common way to do this. We have a few flat tracker around here and I am sure they will chime in with their setup.

I have half the parts for my bike setup to flat track, but I have focused MX for now. I have been to a couple TT practices and it is a BLAST! Good luck and check out the setup in the photo. Notice the sway bar up front and how close the rear tires are to the nerfs.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
traction want be a problem I am weigh 240, I have everything beside a sway bar.
I have lowering blocks too but do I need new scocks have the re valved, do I need wider a-arms had what stuff works the best

·
Registered
918 Posts
Since you won't be jumping big you could just get some wheel spacers for the front and back if you wanted. This would be way cheaper then a-arms and axle. As far as shocks, your stocks would work. We all know how stiff they are though. If anything I would get the fronts revalved.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I had Elka elites all around on my old set-up.. they were built for TT also.. They made my quad so low.. Especially the Rear!
Watch some TT professional races and see how low the quads ass is during acceleration and turns.. Those were fun.
I wasn't the biggest or baddest in it at all, But that was my set-up for a while, Plus if the shocks are set-up for TT (there is a difference between TT and flat track) The shocks could, believe it or not, take some jumps also. Nothing major, but they could take whatever the TT track would have. But no, if you don't want to spend a lot the stock shocks would be fine.
Just keep it all low, wide and light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts