YFZ Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my self a brand new set of alpinestar tech 8 boots but they are so stiff i have trouble shifting and useing my back breaks, is there a trick to this i dont know about? is there a way to make the boots more flexable? i will be racing soon and it would be helpful to be able to break and shift

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Walking around the house in them will help. I've also heard of people wearing them in the shower to loosen them up, but never tried it personally. I usually just wear them riding and through time they will break in. If I do a day of trail riding they are usually good to go from there for me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Fill a bath tub up with warm/hot water. Put your boots on and stand in the tub and squat down for a few minutes, then stand up, and so on....it works.

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
QUOTE (3L3M3NT @ Mar 3 2009, 02:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=753376
Walking around the house in them will help. I've also heard of people wearing them in the shower to loosen them up, but never tried it personally. I usually just wear them riding and through time they will break in.[/b]
I agree. I just walk around in them, then ride with them and before long they are broken in. :icon_cool:

·
Registered
606 Posts
I concur on the Bath Tub trick, or else go for a Run in them, your legs will hurt cuz they are heavy to run with, but they break in fairy quick tht way. My AStars have ALWAYS broken in within a day.

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
QUOTE (450kidd @ Mar 5 2009, 12:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=754015
thanks alot guys i will try some of these things[/b]
they will never be as free moving as shoes, half is breaking the boots in, and half is getting use to wearing them.

i also put them on, stand on a curb or a step with just your toes, and pull or push down, like your trying to stretch your calves.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Everyone has put in some good tips.
I've heard that alpinestars are some of the easiest boots to break in. Just go riding for a day with them. It'll help you get used to them and if they really are as easy to break in as what i hear, they should be good after that.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Wow those wet socks would be uncomfortable.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i hate wet feet, it drives me nuts :)
I just bought the tech 7s and plan on adjusting my shifter up a little and walk around the house and such to see if that helps. should be easy i would think

·
Registered
326 Posts
i boiled a huge pot of water and held them over the steam for about 15-20 mins each once a night for a week straight. Worked great, but you have to walk in them for a few mins after wards. then i went ridding alot and they loosened up quick. also ridding in the rain works good too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts