YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to dyno tune my R and have no clue where to go. I live in grand rapids mi and am willing to drive a distance. If someone could point me in the right direction on where to go that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually found one that barkers used. They recommended then to me in almont mi. Place called labaron's power sports. Literally getting tuned now

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
hope you get some detailed power and a/fr info back.....

and i hope they have dyno tires for your quad to get correct hookup to the rollers....

it would be nice to be able to add them to the list of good places to get dyno tuning...

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah they had it all. I'll post s pic when I get home of my graphs. I made sure they had the tires and a/f meter.only cause I read something you posted in a thread to make sure that any dyno you go to has that. Big thanks there. Alex over there was a real straight forward awesome guy. Would use him again no questions asked. Wonderful experience. I'll be going back when I decide to port my head and bite the throttle body out. It's only like thirty five-forty minutes from flint.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cost about two ninety. Had to use their tires so it was a forty dollar charge to swap them over and then back to the old. It was 237 four the dyno forty for the tires then thirteen for some of there supplies..only because my bike wasn't the cleanest abd he had to wash it up. You should definitely go there though.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
the a/fr graphs are of wide open throttle on the dyno.... i really hope they did at least ten different throttle settings and adjusted all the curve set points...otherwise you will only have wide open that is mapped right...

glad they used dyno tires.....

your best power will come from 14:1 to 14.5;1 A/FR on a yfz for sure....

you need to add +4 to +6 degrees of timing from about 5000 rpm up to the rev limit

the messed up emissions biased ports on the efi machines is what is killing the power potential of anything you add......

on that dyno you should be closer to 50hp with correct porting...leaner a/fr...and timing advance

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I know he explained that on the low end I was rich then mid range lean and wot was rich again before the tune.

well.... there is low end...midrange...and top end rpm for every throttle position....

thats why you map all rpms over with all throttle positions....

for a complete mapping it could take as much as 2 full hours of dyno runs and adjustments at all the throttle percentage openings on your mapping grid

1 - 20 of 22 Posts