YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed FCI on my 2014 Yfz450r which took me 3-4 hours with my poor tools lol

I order the fci without box and tried to use my oem and found no space and I think the only is to drill the frame which I didn’t

anyway I did the installation without box now the problem is the side box and the hose that was underneath the oem box what should I do with them?

I know I may do ais delete but I have to go tomorrow to dunes I have no time and also I don’t have ais kit. If I just zip tie them somewhere and drive is it okay?

appreciate your usual support guys

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ya so firstly, the non airbox version doesn't use any airbox including oem, maybe you know now.

As for the ais system: this guy explains what to do with it without the kit on the website 2014 yfzR air cut off system/ air injection system removal

That black box (breather box), you can buy a kit for it so it doesn't leak or get sand in the engine. For now, you can aim the hose (that went into the oem airbox) upward, and try to close it off as much as you can, however, there does need to be a small opening for air to blow out out or come in. If you have any further questions, shoot away. Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya so firstly, the non airbox version doesn't use any airbox including oem, maybe you know now.

As for the ais system: this guy explains what to do with it without the kit on the website 2014 yfzR air cut off system/ air injection system removal

That black box (breather box), you can buy a kit for it so it doesn't leak or get sand in the engine. For now, you can aim the hose (that went into the oem airbox) upward, and try to close it off as much as you can, however, there does need to be a small opening for air to blow out out or come in. If you have any further questions, shoot away. Hope this helps. :)
Man I really appreciate it

so from my understanding is that since I bought non air box version I can’t even order the fci box then install it ?

also what the difference that make me can’t use the oem or other box compared to air box version?

last question I forget to mention, the air sensor how do I know I installed it righ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
You can contact fuel customs to special order an airbox but you will lose some power gains because of it.

To be honest I don’t know because I don’t have a fuel injected yfz. If you followed the steps in the thread you should be fine, and if you did it wrong, and it still runs normally, you’ll be fine as long as you fix it after you go to the dunes this time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Get a 38 Motorsports oil breather box. RP also makes a dope one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts