YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allright. heres the pics of a broken piece on my carb. i went to change the pilot and i see this is broken. i have been trying to get my jetting right after putting the pipe on and ive been from 165 clear through 180 and it always does the same thing. it cuts out at the top end of each gear while im running wide open. whats my prob. is this broken piece causing this or is this not a big deal?
i need help fast. i have a big weekend of riding planned.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
not sure if that is your problem however you could probably re-attach i the piece with some J&B Weld .. it will be a tedious project but cheaper than purchasing a portion of the carb.. Just go sparingly on the J&B weld and be sure to clean the surfaces of fuel residue before attempting it..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im riding it like i did when it was stock and unless the rev limiter is more sensitive with a pipe and i doubt it is the problem. like i said i can ride it just like i did stock and its cutting out like crazy.

·
Registered
106 Posts
when youre reving it does the engine cut out or does it kinda top off?

·
Registered
18 Posts
First put the peice on---You may be creating flow issues to the main jet.

Next is the airbox lid on or off? If it's on by chance, you need to put some holes in it to get some flow.

Filter? Two much oil in it can create high rpm issues.

What pipe is on the bike?

Have you tried cleaning the carb? A small spec of dirt my go un noticed when taking the carb apart and fall into a passege.

Change the plug! Plugs can work don't always completely just fail.

Why are you playing with the pilot for top end issues?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive cleaned the filter, put a new plug in, running sparks exhaust. i took it in to yamaha and with not questions asked theyre giving me a new carb and the mechanic is jetting it to perfection for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts