YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my yfz back from the dealer, cause they replaced my swingarm, and i rode down the road. I was going in like 4th gear about to switch to 5th, and i couldnt seem to get my foot on the left peg. I looked down, and the bolt that holds the swingarm onto the frame was 2 inches from falling out!!!!!! Those assholes at the dealer didnt even tighten the damn nut! If I had kept going for about 10 more seconds, the swingarm ewould have fallen off, and i would have gone flyin. That was some scarry w00ter, lemme tell ya. So now its been like 3 weeks since I've riden, cause i cant find the nut, and the dealer has been trying to order it for 3 w00tering weeks! damn them

·
Registered
26 Posts
that sucks man can't belive it. you would have been screwed. my yamaha dealer over here in new york is not much better. always trying to scam me out of money for parts and things. in the crash that i had had on my yfz a month ago i broke a head light. i told them to order me a new one. and i waited like a month and they sent me the wrong one. i was pretty pissed.

·
Registered
631 Posts
thats why i work on my own bikes. cant trust them dealers for nothing. glad to hear that it didn't come all the way out.

andy

·
Registered
834 Posts
Happens all the time. A buddy of mine took his Valkerie in for new tires and they left the nut off. The whole tire came off and jammed into the frame. They paid for everything, but now he is afraid to take it in.
Another friend took his new Harley in for retorque etc. They STOLE his factory custom oil cover and put on a stock one. Luckily he noticed it before leaving the shop and refused to leave until they ordered him a new one.
I used to ride a V45 Magna. Had it in 5 times for the same service (carbs rebuilt) They screwed me everytime, and it was still a fire hazard. Leaked fuel all over the place.
After 800.00 and 5 trips to the shop I gave it to the Salvation Army.

Dealerships SUCK. Maybe a good mechanic here or there, but for the most part flunkies working on YOUR bike!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Sometimes I think the dealership is simply an obstacle between me and the factory. It really sucks when a the local dealer doesn't have the part you need in stock and then you find out a week later they ordered the wrong one. That's what makes online ordering so attractive.

My local dealer now charges for SHIPPING from the manufacturer to his dealership. If I'm going to be paying for shipping, I want it to arrive at my home so I don't have to drive back to dealer! Not only that, but anytime they have to order any part for me, it is considered a "special order" and is subject to all the extra fine print found on the "policies" sign posted on the wall. I'm sorry, but if I need an OEM part for my vehicle, how is that considered a special order? It's not like they are making a custom one for me or anything!

The funny thing is, some dealers put huge markups on parts. I've also noticed that manufacturer's suggested retail prices are not shown for parts. I think this is because some dealers mark up their parts beyond 100% of cost. The manufacturer doesn't want to show MSRP prices to the public and interfere with a dealer's ability to charge any price they want for parts.

My advice to anyone is, look up the part numbers you need on the Yamaha website before you visit the dealer. Print all the pages you need. Sometimes part numbers will be outdated, but the parts ordering system will update it the moment someone enters the old number into it. Your still assured to get the right part under most, if not all circumstances.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Originally posted by yfz motohead@Nov 24 2003, 04:29 PM
that sucks man can't belive it. you would have been screwed. my yamaha dealer over here in new york is not much better. always trying to scam me out of money for parts and things. in the crash that i had had on my yfz a month ago i broke a head light. i told them to order me a new one. and i waited like a month and they sent me the wrong one. i was pretty pissed.
hahahaha whats up mark cry me a river now we wouldnt have to order that light if you didnt flip over your barn stable foundation now would wee hahahahahah!!!!! "cry me a river"
:stupid

but yea there dumb and they act like there givin u the best deals to they gave me some boot leg helmet..

:yfz

mike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts