YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody with a mmad bike will be at little sahara New Years I'd like to compare bikes at the drag strip! Stock swinger preferably cause that's what I got. I'd love to have a showdown cause I know my bike rips but I know a lot of guys reccomend mmad and say it's the way to go. Who's your vote on?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mine is williams performance built by the way

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have never seen or raced a faster yfzr than this one built by Williams. Not saying there aren't any but I usually have no problem beating a yfzr. This one beats me if he gets the jump. Now I'm talking stock swinger/duner bikes not full blown drag bike. I have been dusted many many times by drag bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I don't think your gonna find many R built bikes,especially built by mmad,they are there and we ride with a few around Oregon,but most don't build up the R like they do the carb'd bikes,because the R's don't make power like the carbed bikes do,yes they can be built to a point,which geoff(mmad) has already done,but to get beyond what he's done just isn't worth the $ it costs,for my vote if it was motor for motor I would bet mmad hands down,but if you find someone with a mmad built YFZR it will most likely come down to rider ability,just my .02

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't plan on building mine when I bought it (who really does though, lol) but I blew up the motor. I've heard that about carbed bikes, but I haven't come across one yet built similar so I could compare. I think Derek#7 has and he said it was fast.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as money... How much is expensive?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't think your gonna find many R built bikes,especially built by mmad,they are there and we ride with a few around Oregon,but most don't build up the R like they do the carb'd bikes,because the R's don't make power like the carbed bikes do,yes they can be built to a point,which geoff(mmad) has already done,but to get beyond what he's done just isn't worth the $ it costs,for my vote if it was motor for motor I would bet mmad hands down,but if you find someone with a mmad built YFZR it will most likely come down to rider ability,just my .02
I know what you mean about the carbed bikes. They do seem to be faster for some reason. Why is that?

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I know what you mean about the carbed bikes. They do seem to be faster for some reason. Why is that?
From what I've read and gathered is the R is limited by its injector,no one makes bigger injector or if so hasn't been able to make it work to produce the power,which is why mmad made a carbed conversion for the R,the R head can be made to flow very well but takes some damn good work to do so,the carbed bikes just simply can be built with not a lot of limitations(except for your wallet!) either way have fun with it in the sand,make sure it has a damn good tune and hammer down!!!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
From what I've read and gathered is the R is limited by its injector,no one makes bigger injector or if so hasn't been able to make it work to produce the power,which is why mmad made a carbed conversion for the R,the R head can be made to flow very well but takes some damn good work to do so,the carbed bikes just simply can be built with not a lot of limitations(except for your wallet!) either way have fun with it in the sand,make sure it has a damn good tune and hammer down!!!!!!
I can see that. Same with the LTR but I think there are aftermarket injectors out there for it. I know the stroker builds replace the injector and throttle body.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
They make bigger injectors, it's the whole throttle body that is limiting the R, it flows 30cfm less than the carbs because of the butterfly design.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
They make bigger injectors, it's the whole throttle body that is limiting the R, it flows 30cfm less than the carbs because of the butterfly design.
^^^this what what I was after,thanks brandon(you know I'm not a R guy lol)
Diypunx knows these R's pretty well he will be able to tell ya the limitations more than I would! I know when it comes to carbed bikes its MMAD FTMFW!!!!!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So what mods did Williams Performance do to your YFZR? Do you have a dyno sheet we could look at?
Everything in my sig, and I had it dyno tuned. You ready for this....47 hp. Lol I don't really trust dynos cause Derek's LTR put down 59 hp on little Saharan dyno and we are pretty even on the top end. Whoever launches good wins

·
Registered
28 Posts
So what mods did Williams Performance do to your YFZR? Do you have a dyno sheet we could look at?
Mods are in his sig. I laid down almost 57 on rough tune in Oklahoma after my build. Brought it back to central texas to get it properly tuned. Laid down 44 hp on same crappy tune. After tune I picked up a couple hp to just over 46. I believe the op laid down close to 48 on same dyno. Every dyno is different. All I know is know one can touch us at the dunes except the drag bikes. When I laid down 57 on crappy tune a "built" raptor 700 laid down 71 the same day. I raced the raptor and who ever got the start got the win. He was a big boy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Beat me

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
might have wanted to keep that sheet to yourself...this thread will not go well lol. what does he say a stock yfzr puts down on that dyno? was the blue run before the mods and red after?

·
Registered
28 Posts
A big bore stroked LTR drag bike put down mid 50s on same dyno in texas. Regardless what a dyno says I have yet to see a faster 450r. I'm also into diesel performance and the same type of people that brag about dyno numbers don't always show all that "power" on the track. I have embarrassed a few dyno queens at the track.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
All dynos read different, the little Sahara dyno is a good comparison since alot of different builds have dynoed there. I can't see your mods list, the tapatalk app doesn't show the signatures.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.