YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed while at Glamis this last weekend, after about 10 hrs of riding my fingers would go numb and holding on while traversing the dunes was a real pain. I feel a LOT of vibration and hits.. I have a strategy to remedy this what do you think?
Flexx Company bars, Precision Pro Stabilizer, and some sort of mushy awesome grips, I have been looking around a LOT and have a hard time finding anything high-end for grips. I want something thats really going to remedy the blisters I get from riding, I have good gloves but I want something to really damper out the vibrations along with the other stuff I want to get like the Fasst Flexx's. I also have NO idea how to adjust my stock shocks to make my ride any better, I am a big 280lb guy, what can I do with the stock shocks to really make any difference??

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
an anti vibe stem would be a good benefit too, as for the blisters, keeping your hands dry is all you can really do, other wise, you just have to let calluses build up.

the flexx bars and stabilizer are good additions too,

your not going to find "high end" grips, all the grips are about the same price except the really cheap crap jobs. you have to experiment and find a set that suit your needs. the softer they are, the faster they wear usually, and if they are too soft and sticky, they can cause blisters just as easily as hard ones can...

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
The biggest, cushiest grips I've ever seen are the Oury grips. A lot of people used to fill their handlebars up with silicone to help vibration too, you might try that.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
+1 i love my odi's I have a set of tag's that i ran for a day. didnt like them at all.

Id say to soften up the compression on your shocks. You have a special edition right, so you have high and low speed. loosen them up a little and see if it helps.

·
Registered
133 Posts
+1 for oury atv grips

1 - 7 of 7 Posts