YFZ Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a hose I can disconnect to drain out the coolant. I want to put in different coolant that is not green, it is orange and made by General Motors.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
there is a bolt at the very bottom of the water pump take that out and disconnect all of the hoses.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many hoses are there to disconnect, more than one? And also after I drain it can I just start it up or is ther esomething special I need to do to get coolant back into the engine?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ@Feb 17 2004, 03:10 PM
How many hoses are there to disconnect, more than one? And also after I drain it can I just start it up or is ther esomething special I need to do to get coolant back into the engine?
ther are 2 hoses. 1 connects to the water pump and the radiator. the other connects to the motor and the radiator. take both off. but then you need to drain the rezzie. take off the 2 bolts on the rezzie and take the cap off and tip it over until all the coolant is out. then after you put everything back on you must top off the radiator filler cap with coolant. ride it for an hour then top the radiator coolant off again. hope this helps

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
you can but all you need to take off is the bolt on the bottom.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So if I take out the 4th bolt on the bottom of the pump the coolant will drain out of the hole the bolt goes in? Or is the bolt I am looking for under the that pump?

·
Registered
503 Posts
there is 1 single bolt at the bottom of that pump that has a copper washer on it. THAT ONE.

drain the back rezzie and plug the single plug above that bolt. then remove that bolt. should get pretty much all of it. the hose coming into the top of the other side makes it's wa down to this water pump anyways. it will filter down.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Propylene Glycol is not a very good choice for coolant...
Just my .02 cents 8|

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by brian869@Mar 2 2004, 12:51 AM
Propylene Glycol is not a very good choice for coolant...
Just my .02 cents 8|
Are you referring to the GM stuff I want to put in, why do you not reccomend it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts