YFZ Central banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to go jet my bike today and tried to get the airbox boot screw off.....How the HECK do you get it off? I tried for 20min, nothing! even put liquid wrench, nothing! then I had my dad do it to, still nothing!! 8| This is the one that goes to the carb thats a philips head....errrrrrrr! thx

·
Registered
261 Posts
Dude,
I had the same problem. Try a flat head screwdriver that fits exactly in the phillips head slot. Push in real hard and it should come loose. Mine did.

Fred

·
Registered
625 Posts
um, Mine was snug but nothing like you are describing. try heating up the boot with a hair dryer and then pull it off the carb and the yank the whole airbox and everything out and then you can get a better look at it. It shouldnt be on there that tight.
Isaac

·
Registered
333 Posts
i had the same problem... get a big fat phillips i think a #3 and stick it in there and try that then try using a vise grips on the handle of the screwdriver for some better torque!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
are you talking about the clamps?? like in the picture??

I had a problem with one before and I just drilled the bolt to free the clamp and bought another clamp.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Originally posted by YFZCentral@Sep 21 2003, 09:36 AM
im talkin bout the one that goes TO the airbox. Its only one screw, its a philips. the other ones, the allen ones came off fine.
yeah ive had that same problem with a phillips clamp before and used a drill to drill out the bolt head and the clamp came rigt off. then I just bought a new clamp ... one with a 6mm bolt on top so I didnt have to worry about stripping it again.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I tried to take it off but it is snug i started stripping it so i just walked away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts