YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys that own yfz's how old are ya???????

I want to know becuase I went to my Yamaha delaer today to talk bout buying a yfz and he said how old are you , and I said 15 and 1/2. Then he said you cant buy it because you need to be 16, then I said I want to buy one because I want a quad that wil last me a long time , and that doesnt need mods to be race ready becuase I am racing next year. Then he said even if I was 16 he would be scared to sell it too me anyways cause its soo fast. Now does that make scence, I know about the laws but this is the same guy that sold me a Blaster when I was 12.

So now I am really pissed, and now I have to go to a diff dealer.

I would just like to know your age.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bring your parents with you to do the deal. They only go as fast as you let them. Guys like myself can hop on any quad at any age and take off. It only matters if you can handle it. Guys like him want 15 year olds on 80's. I was 14 and smoking everybody around on my 250r. If he doesn't want to sell to you, tell him to go to hell and go somewhere else. I am 24.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
yep-the dealer i bought my z at was an ass too. lectured me and my dad for at least half hour about how i should be on a 90cc quad at 14 years old. so, basically, the lecture ended when my dad basically said he was more than confident with my riding abilities and i was too big for a 90 (im 5'8 and 140lbs) there was more, but nothing worth noting. anyway, before i knew it, i was riding around in the parking lot. im 14

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
i have a z400 and im 14 and its no prollem for me......... and i rode a YFZ w/ a sparks and that wasnt a problem for me either...... tell that dude to just shut up and sell u the bike...... then show him how good u ride when u race him :blah BTW..... im only 90 pounds...... sooooo im pretty sure ur big enough :lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
I dont agree with the age limits i mean it should be size and abillity Im under the agee to but im 5 "11" 180 pounds and they want to see me get on a 90!

But the reson why there saying this is they can lose there lisons if some one finds out I think.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for all the replies, keep them coming.
I did this post becuase my Mom doesnt know much about quads so I need to show her that I could handle it. I just showed her this so were goin to a diff. dealer tomm.

And BTW I'm 5'8 135.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How old are you?
Please post that and your size.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I am 18. If he wont sell you one than go somewhere else. I know some dealers will not. My friend when we were 14 my dealer would not sell him a Banshee even with his dad. However he would sell atvs to my dad even though he know I'd be riding it. I guess it just depends how well the dealer knows you and if he knows how good of a rider you are. He did not know my friend at all so did not want to sell him a shee. IMO I would rather have a newbie on a YFZ then a Raptor or SHee. The YFZ power is so much smoother and easier to control then a shee and Raptor.

Size does not even matter. It is how good of a rider you are. I have been riding since I was 9. I was a little guy then. Size makes NO difference on how well you can ride. It is just how strong you are and just practice. I started riding I was like 4 foot!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I told the guy at the Yammi dealership near me that I was 15 and he said, "You can't buy that because you don't understand the concepts of speed." Then, I said, "I have 3 championships in kart racing, trust me, I know the concepts in speed." Then, the guy turned into a normal Sales man and was like, "Well, this quad, is super fast, and race ready. Plus, I'll give you an extra good deal." I found cheaper deals, around town, but I might have to get a used fixed up 400EX, Banshee, or Raptor because the YFZ's are a little steep. I might get it, but I'm not sure. By the way, I'm 15, 6'1", and 160 lbs.

Another question... is this:
1999 Yamaha Blaster in excellent conditionand VERY well
maintained. Just recently we repainted the frame red and sent it into Vito's performance to get a 240 Big Bore kit. Also it has the following accesories: FMF pipe
DG silencer, DG nerfbars, DG front bumper, A blue SKIN graphis kit and seat cover, brand new Boyseen Pro reeds, K&N air filter, oil block off kit, front GBC mohawk sand tires on front and GBC sand devils on rear both mounted on douglas .190 wheels. For dirt it has GBC shredders also on douglas .190 wheels. It has shaved fenders and trick looking lights. This is a very VERY fast blaster.

Faster than this?

Yamaha Banshee 2000. Very fast, very nice. Prodesign Cool Heads w/22cc domes, PD Pro-Flow intake w/K&N high flow filter w/ported air box, PD Boost Bottle & Water Cooler, PD High Flow Water Impellor, VForce Delta II Ram Valve/Reeds, FMF Gnarly Torque Pipes w/FMF Silencers (incredible low end w/no loss to top end power) Full DG Skid Plates-A-arms, full frame, and full swing arm. Maxxis Razrs/6ply-front & rear. Custom rear azle carrier w/grease zerk.

Or what about this?

1998 YAMAHA BANSHEE, very clean and in good cond, fresh top end, wiseco pistons, cyl ported by Mission Yamaha, graydon pipes, fmf reed valves, jetted carbs,

Or how about this last one?

2001 YAMAHA RAPTOR, exc cond, runs great, 690cc big bore kit, web camshaft, ported head, Prodesign air filter kit, Duncan pipe, jet kit, RPM polished front bumper, new turf tamers on rear, fact 909 handlebars, bike looks great, very fast, very strong,

I figured the Raptor is fastest, but please rank these. In the fastest, best handling, best overall categories. I really need help. Thank you in advance. Later.

P.S. Please reply.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another posibility is this...
2000 400ex with 416cc kit, ported head, xr400 cam, jet kit, white bros exhaust, white bros rev box, pro taper bars, bandit tires

Once again, please help. I really want to get a nice, fast, well handling quad, and I'm just not sure. Thank you. LAter.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm 5'11", 125lbs., and I've been riding for just over a year. I think it's a little bit of natural talent, because I can let some of my friends (who have been riding for 3 or 4 years) ride my Z, and I'll smoke 'em on a Warrior, Scrambler, or even my brother's TTR125. Just because I may be able to handle a YFZ, doesn't mean that little Johnny over there who weighs twice as much as me can.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts