YFZ Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

1,073 Posts
Originally posted by raygun@Aug 3 2003, 09:00 PM
I mean for the green sticker?
There are two different stickers (red and green) both stickers cost $21 for 2 years. These stickers can be obtained from the DMV. A green sticker is for off-highway vehicles that meet EPA standards. A red sticker is for OHVs that do not meet EPA standards, but have restricted seasons of use.
California 8.235 Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Fees (VC §§ 38225-38265)
Red Sticker Open Riding Schedule

All OHVs have a fixed expiration date of June 30. OHV registration renewal occurs every two years after the original registration and a new plate with a new license number is issued upon payment of renewal fees.

Green stickers are issued for all California OHVs year model 2002 and older, including those that were previously issued a red sticker, and to 2003 and newer complying vehicles. Green stickers are issued to OHVs for year round use at all California OHV riding areas.

Red stickers are issued to 2003 year model and newer OHVs that are not certified to California OHV emission standards. If your OHV has a "3" or "C" in the eighth position of the vehicle identification number (VIN) then your vehicle will be issued a red sticker. Red stickers are issued to OHVs that can use California OHV riding areas for seasonal use only.
The YFZ-450 is a <span style='color:green'>GREEN Sticker OHV :woo
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.