YFZ Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how many db's an hmf exhaust puts out. i know there are different ways of testing and other factors besides exhaust but i was reading on atvscene where it was said there will be a new 99db limit next year. this has got me a little worried. i dont want to have to go back to a stock pipe and have a slow bike?!?

·
Registered
217 Posts
^^ what he said

·
Registered
212 Posts
they have a quite core that is supose to be 91 db's but they havent dynod it yet stock pipe could have more power

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
WTF?!?!?!?!? :what there is not ONE HALFWAY DECENT pipe that pushes less than 99 db..... they can suck my weenie :angry

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by Woody_YFZ@Dec 12 2003, 03:33 AM
The DRD only puts out 96Db. They claim 6hp and 20 ft. lbs. of torque and that's just a slip on.
the TC, sparks, and ESR are the top 3 pipes IMO and theyre all over 99db :evil

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Woody_YFZ@Dec 11 2003, 08:37 PM
Sounds like they better start working on quieting them down then.  I think it's a lame rule, but it kind of makes sense.
How does it make sense for closed course competion?

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump+Dec 12 2003, 05:01 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pahrump @ Dec 12 2003, 05:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Woody_YFZ@Dec 11 2003, 08:37 PM
Sounds like they better start working on quieting them down then.  I think it's a lame rule, but it kind of makes sense.
How does it make sense for closed course competion? [/b][/quote]
:stupid it doesnt :re

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree, that is stupid rule. I just got my hmf slip on, and there is no way i'm putting the stocker back on. Does anybody know the hmf's db level. Dirt Wheels said that the hmf z400 exhaust is 98 db in the march 03 issue. So maybe us HMFers will get lucky and the yfz's won't be over 99 db.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by blaktopr@Dec 13 2003, 03:09 AM
Stop crying. A properly modded stocker will compete with an aftermarket. And the sound is like 7db less.
not flaming man, but you wanna give me my $500 back from my pipe i bought?

that rule is crap

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by blaktopr@Dec 12 2003, 07:09 PM
Stop crying. A properly modded stocker will compete with an aftermarket. And the sound is like 7db less.
You wanna show me how to get the power out of my stock pipe i am getting now? I think everyone would like to hear this?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts