YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting a new YFZ i a week or two and I want to know how hard it is to wheelie. I can wheelie my friends stock 400ex for as long as I want to. I read that the yfz has an anti squat feature or something. I hope I can do it with the YFZ.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I had a KFX before I got my YFZ. I found it a lot easier to wheelie the KFX then the YFZ. You will be able to wheelie the YFZ without a problem but in my opinion there are quads out there that are easier to do it with. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
well i can easily pull it up on 3rd and ride it down the block when i first go into 3rd i give it gas to come up if it doesnt come up that time i let of the throttle and gun it again, it comes up very easily around the 2nd or 3rd time and just ride it or put your foot on the grab bar rev up a bit and pop the clutch on a quad that you ride wheelies on 1st 2nd and 3rd you can easily do it on 3rd 4th and ride 5th on a yfz if you keep it up with no problem

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Yeah, my friend rides a KFX, and his brother rides a 400ex, and they were popping wheelies like nothing, took me a while but now i bring it up like butter. They thought i was just having a hrad time wheeling, but i let them try it and they too had a tough time. Oh well, i think working hard for it builds character anyways :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
182 Posts
This isn't a worry if you want to pop a wheelie...baffle out you have no trouble. 2nd gear pulls it easyand you can either shift and hold it or even just ride it in 2nd.

·
Registered
143 Posts
3rd gear about half throttle just stand up and lean back a little feather the clutch and ride it out :O :O

by the way I have the baffle out lid removed and the cam mod done and rejetted

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
how hard is it to wheelie a YFZ

Well you do have to push the gas a little :lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a duncan pipe, jetted, air box lid off, and cam mod. The jetting isn't perfect yet but I can power up in 4th. My yfz was pulling up in 4th before I got my pipe and jetting. You have to give it alittle pull but it comes up just fine. You just have to find that balance point.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My KFX is a joke to wheelie. Anytime you want in 1st or 2nd gear. The YFZ is another story. I can wheelie it easily in the first three gears, however, it comes up with more authority than the KFX...meaning it power wheelies instead of doing a "show off" kind of wheelie like the KFX is good at. One thing I discovered was wheelie'ing became a joke on the KFX after getting comfortable on the YFZ.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts