YFZ Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a couple of ways I heard you could wire a Pro Design kill switch to the yfz. The first was with a relay, I really don't want to go that route because it seems like there should be an easier way. The other way was splicing into the white wire going into the CDI box. Can anyone confirm that this works and doesn't mess anything up? I don't want to short anything out in hooking this thing up. Also, any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I just did this to mine tonight and it works! splice the long wire from the kill switch into the white wire coming from the CDI box, then ground the short wire coming from the kill switch. I used the upper bolt that held the left front headlight to ground it. (place a ring terminal on the short wire and sandwich the ring terminal between the bolt head and the washer, it will give it better metal to metal contact) Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
What he said......

I did it today and it only took me about 10 minutes. The white wire comes from bottom plug on the CDI. There is also a white wire with a black stripe, so make sure you look before you cut. :D

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
:what It shouldn't be, if your key, and your switch on your handle bars are both in the "OFF" postion. Check near the battery it's self for loose connectors, or if the power wires are grounding out to the frame. Also make sure your connectors on your kill switch are insulated well.

·
Registered
500 Posts
thanks for the info on the PD wiring. I installed mine without a hitch and it works great........JIM

·
Registered
141 Posts
When you say Splice? what does this mean exactly- are you just cutting into this wire (removing the plastic coating) and connecting/twisting the kill wire onto it.....or are you cutting the white wire and using a connector for the kill wire? thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
You can remove the plastic and do the wire of long wire around it, or you can use a special connector to spilt.

I used the bolt on top of your steering stem that is just under your plastic behind the neutral light. I've put a connector on it and a nut to hold it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Im all set to try and wire up my pro design kill switch....i could do with someone posting a picture of how and where to cut into the white wire from the CDI....please post me a picture or detailed instructions and connectors needed.thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
would actually like to know how to do it myself- i am aware of the baldwin kit- and the 25 dollar cost for a few wires.....come on guys show me how to wire it up, thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts