YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My right axle/hub assy is wobbling... (hard landing) how do i determine if its the hub or the axle thats bent? If its the axle, what kind of hell am i about to get into replacing it?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
You could probably find a used oem axle for cheap on eBay or something. I have one just don’t have time to ship it out. If you’re going aftermarket I have an rpm dominator axel and I like it so far. I’ve had lonestar in the past and have bent them racing

·
Registered
923 Posts
Take off the wheel, put the rear on a block and start up the quad and put it in gear. Should be able to find the bend pretty easy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You could probably find a used oem axle for cheap on eBay or something. I have one just don’t have time to ship it out. If you’re going aftermarket I have an rpm dominator axel and I like it so far. I’ve had lonestar in the past and have bent them racing
thank you! Is it worth trying to just have it straightened or is it best just to replace these? How much work are we talking to pull the axle? Anything i should know before i tear into the swing arm?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Just find an exploded diagram it’s not too difficult. I’m sure there must be a write up on the forums here somewhere. As for straightening it not sure if it’s worth trying to do that

·
Registered
923 Posts
For a stock axle, in my opinion not worth straightening. They make cheap replacements.

To remove, take the wheel hubs off, then take off the giant nut by the brake (get the little lock screws on it first before trying to loosen the big nut), slide the axle slightly to the sprocket side, remove the circlip that is now exposed and then slide the axle out to the brake side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts