YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any racers out there had any cracks or bends in the frame yet? I see trouble when i look at the subframe, and a few areas on the main frame, but anyone had any cracks yet? or flattened any tubing? I kinda wanna see how the frame holds up under hard riding conditions before i get one...my Z frame lasted about 2 months b4 it was completely junk, and i never once crashed it

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Originally posted by YFZCentral@Aug 23 2003, 04:33 PM
i personally havent heard of anyone breaking any yet. I cant say for myself though cuz i just got it! :woo
yeah I haven't heard of anyone "breaking" them either..... :lol

More info to come in a few weeks. :wtf

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I have rode mine really hard...and have had NO problems at all with engine, frame, or suspension. Only problem I have had is the shifter sticking...all though this passed weekend it did not stick once.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Put it this way. DW said something true for once! The harder you ride it, the better it preforms! :rock

·
Registered
634 Posts
We are jumping 5 feet up and 50 feet out all the time and no bends or cracks. Flat landings also.
Just set the chocs right and there shouldnt be any bends.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Riding a hard mx track !! Juming 60ft flat lands no problems.. the onlything id be worried about is a-arms.. :O

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have heard of at least 4 broken swing arms They been cracking around center cross section.Ialso seen one replaced because it twisted?Ihave 1 month of moto cross racing,plus practice ,and one cross country race with no visible damage; however Idid revalve the rear shock myself. :uhoh

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes i have heard of swingarm failure as well, bottom mount snapping off, aarm failure seems to be common as far as failures go with this quad i think it is pretty good, i took off all that stuff right away and put on aftermarket suspension and i dont anticipate any frame problems but you never know, it all depends on what you are doing soemtimes a jump is just to hard on a frame and it will break, wether it is a lsr or laeger arens etc. does not matter, but for a stock frame it is doing really reall well...i have broken 3 400ex frames that all the honda riders praise and a few of those were back when i barely jumped 10 feet the last on was on axis suspension over a 70 foot triple...maybe hondas arent as bulletproof as all the honda riders think they are

·
Registered
812 Posts
I haven't noticed any problems on mine and I consistently jump about 60 feet. I have heard of the swing arm problem though. Haven't seen one with my own eyes though.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
ROGER, ROGER! ;) My frame has held up beautifully. Let me tell ya! I am no swan when it comes to jumping or landing. Does rock come into mind at all when I jump... Uhhhh, Yeah! :lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
i was riding a wheelie on my quad about 30mph and went over backwards it pulled the lower two bolts that hold the subframe on right out of the frame im goin to go get it looked at in a couple days

be carefull riding wheelies

·
Registered
146 Posts
THE TRUTH NO NEED TO WORRY ,IVE BEEN JUMPING AT RAUSCH CREEK FOR THE PAST FOUR WEEKENEDS ON MY YFZ AND IM 6 FOOT4 AT 275 POUNDS(BIG GUY)ONLY 15 AND I HIT ALL THE JUMPS ON MY YFZ AND ITS BEEN HOLDING UP FINE,,AND IVE JUST COME TO REALIZE THAT THE STOCK SHOCKS ARE SO ADJUSTABLE IM NOT EVEN THINING ABOUT GETTING DIFFERNT ONES SINCE IVE DIALED THESE ONES IN.....THINK ABOUT THAT A 275 LBS GUY DOIN THAT BIG ASS STEP UP AT RAUSCH I THINK ITS ABOUT 60-80FT AND IVE HAD NO PROBLEMS..MAN I LOVE MY YFZ... :red :red :red

·
Registered
576 Posts
From what I hear... the heavier you are the better the shocks feel on the YFZ. Light riders are having all kinds of problems, I'm pretty average at 175 so I don't think I get that awesome feeling from the suspension... I have the rebound and compression dialed in as soft as it can get and it still feels like I'm riding a runaway kangaroo alot of times 8|

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I'm 6' 2" , 226lbs, I've been tearing the w00ter out of Rausch Creek as well. I came up way short on one and landed on the upside of the landing and stopped dead. Didn't find any cracks or bends yet. I love the yfz, suspension is sweet for fat kids!! All you guys got me worried though, I'm going to Rausch tomorrow!!! :eek

1 - 20 of 20 Posts