YFZ Central banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let y’all know the Houser Racing pro bounce XC nerf bars for 09-20 do not fit on the 2021 YFZ 450r. Had a shop try to install them yesterday and a lot of bolts didn’t align to the frame.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Same here, they did go on but it took some cursing. Did find that attaching the foot pegs then “gently stretching” the nerf bar to slide into the front spot to be the best approach. Still sucked though. Will say they are awesome nerfs once you get them on

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
33 Posts
That seems ridiculous to me! Obviously Houser has a great rep out here but if I were to spend the money they want for those nerfs I would expect them to install as well, if not better than the cheap XFR's I bought.
I haven't seen a whole lot of reviews about the XFR's so we'll see how they do after riding them for a while. Anybody have the XFR nerfs and like them or dislike them?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
My raths were the same way. I called them
And they said it’s from powder coating the heat causes them to flex idk how true that is but that’s what they told me

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
33 Posts
Thats interesting, I’m having some parts powder coated that I know currently fit perfectly, we’ll see if that’s the case afterward.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Same here, they did go on but it took some cursing. Did find that attaching the foot pegs then “gently stretching” the nerf bar to slide into the front spot to be the best approach. Still sucked though. Will say they are awesome nerfs once you get them on
Some cursing????? I am pretty sure I swore for a week straight LOL!!! Yes that’s the only way I was able to get it to go on I mean the only way possible!! i had two clamps busting the crap out of my nuckles! i tore so muxh finish off them just trting to get them to fit!!! i was really upset with them but they were definitly worth it they are amazing! look sick too!!

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
33 Posts
Maybe I'll give it another shot. They sure do look super legit.
There’s no doubt they’re the best looking nerfs out there. I do like the look of the Lonestar nerfs a lot though too. I wonder if those are a bear to put on as well.

·
Registered
214 Posts
There’s no doubt they’re the best looking nerfs out there. I do like the look of the Lonestar nerfs a lot though too. I wonder if those are a bear to put on as well.
Ya I like the lone stars too I almost bought them but I got bad knees and need all the support I can get

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Called them direct. They are in North Carolina. My dealer couldn’t get them in white from parts unlimited for the 14 and newer at the time

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
33 Posts
They’ve got them on MotoSport.com as well. Probably a little more expensive but if they show in stock you’ll have them in a couple days. They’ve also got some other options on there, Pro Circuit, Moto Hose, etc. White shouldn’t be too hard to find. I’ve been looking for some neon yellow hoses, haven’t had any luck yet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They’ve got them on MotoSport.com as well. Probably a little more expensive but if they show in stock you’ll have them in a couple days. They’ve also got some other options on there, Pro Circuit, Moto Hose, etc. White shouldn’t be too hard to find. I’ve been looking for some neon yellow hoses, haven’t had any luck yet.
Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts