YFZ Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats going on im brand new to this forum and have some questions.

i seen on here you guys were talkin about the DSP Power Now Valve has anyone had to rejet with this upgrade?

they ac propegs are they out for the yfz yet and also i have heard that you can take the z400 propegs and bend the tab and they bolt right on too is this tru and if so what tab is it?

the JD jet kit is it a really good one cause sparks just said to use the needle that they are going to send me and the jets but if this JD kit is really good im thinkin id spend the 75 bucks on it and order it does it give any power to the bike and will it work really well the with dsp power now valve?

Hey thanks for reading all of that up there and your help is very helpful to me thanks agian :yfz

·
Registered
773 Posts
Power Now is an "air management" device. I have one on my CRF450 and didn't do anything to the carb after installtion of the device.

The purpose of the device is to settle the turbulent air (low end) into something a little smoother flowing for the carb to take in. In all honesty, and this is mostly for the young guys/gals w/o much $, I wouldn't put one in. $100.00 is a lot of money for a kid. If you want inproved low end throttle response, work w/ your gearing.

I'm (was/will be again) running the following:
YZ exhaust cam
13:1 piston
pipe
14/40
stock tires (on trails)

The machine has all sorts of "get up and go". I don't know that you could want anymore on winding trails.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't know about selector's particular situation with the dsp power now but on my bike it worked pretty well. I installed it by itself, just to make sure it actually did something and it helped with low end throttle without having to change gearing. This is very benifical to me on the track cause i can pull corners in a higher gear so that I don't have to shift which wastes time. If you are looking for more power and top end this mod is useless but for the price(i think it is a little expensive) I think it does the job that they say it does. Changing gears is more expensive than the dsp because you should always change all sprockets and chain when you do a change. The reason for this is because one component of the systyem will wear faster than the other new ones, trust me it happened to me. However, If you have a brand new bike with no hours its ok to just change one because the sprockets have not worn in yet. I think that you should try it for yourself before making any judgements on it, get a friend or family member to buy one first :evilgrin if you are skeptical and make sure that you don't install multiple things at the same time because you won't know what is giving you the added power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts