YFZ Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried the 400EX tie rod ends and tie rods for the YFZ yet? I just mangled my right tierod in a CC race today and after comparing the ends to my buddies 400EX I was envious :) The YFZ rods are bit longer but there is alot of thread available on the 400EX rods (the 400EX rods have the male end threads as opposed to the Yamaha ends having male end threads).

I'm also just a tad leery of getting such heavy duty rods and ends I'd hate to bend a spindle... I've already twisted my stock steering stem so I'm running a Lonestar so I'd home that was tough enough to handle it.

My theme song is George of the Jungle... I'm the tree hittingest mf'er you will ever meet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ricky Stator makes a set that are like the honda,,s but fit the yamaha taper.I think their around $200.00 for the complete set.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have my local shop trying to get me the ricky stator tie rods and ends but I think the holidays are gonna throw a wrench into that until next week. The shop tried pracitcally all day on tuesday to contact them and any other distributor that might have them and none even answered the phone. Must be nice... I actually have to work on christmas eve, christmas day, the day after... same for New Years. Big corporations suck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts