YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out to the garage last night and made these out of 1/4" aluminum. case saver and roller relocator.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Looks good. Engenuity is great ain't it......good to see some one out there making there own parts, and it probably costs a hell of a lot less too 8|

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i used a jig saw to cut out the rough shape. then i took a file to shape it. then i [polished it. on a wheel i made out of an old wash mashine motor. kinda primitive, but it saved me around $60.00 i figure. :lol

·
Registered
836 Posts
Nice handy-work. I've done my own front bumper, front arm skids, pit stand and loading ramps. Keep the home brewed stuff coming, like to see it. It doesn't necessarily have to be pretty to be functional.

I'd post some pic's, but guess that's not an option anymore! :angry

·
Registered
417 Posts
Originally posted by vorra65@Dec 3 2003, 10:27 PM
Nice handy-work. I've done my own front bumper, front arm skids, pit stand and loading ramps. Keep the home brewed stuff coming, like to see it. It doesn't necessarily have to be pretty to be functional.

I'd post some pic's, but guess that's not an option anymore! :angry
Don't be gettin' all pissy! :lol You can still post pictures, you just need to host them from another site. There are several places that does free image hosting...just do search on google.

I'd like to see the pics myself, so if you want...PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address (I'll put them up for you).

·
Registered
836 Posts
Not getting "urinary"

Guess I missed the info. regarding outside image hosting. I remember posting some pic's in the past, that I uploaded from my computer. That's cool, I'm down with the outside hosting gig. No worrie's.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Ok, Iv'e got the link to a picture-

How do I get the picture to show up, in the post?
Menco

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
go to your pic and right click on it. go to properties. copy the addy to your pic. then come here , click on img, then paste your pic addy into the box. hope this helps...

·
Registered
836 Posts
bigdaddy,

Thanx, appreciate the guidance.

·
Registered
199 Posts
thats awesome work do you think you could maybe give me the layout of that pit stand? i didnt think you could make those homeade! so give me some info if you dont mind by the way what are the holes for? im going too make one

·
Registered
836 Posts
hondarules,

" thats awesome work do you think you could maybe give me the layout of that pit stand? i didnt think you could make those homeade! so give me some info if you dont mind by the way what are the holes for? im going too make one"

Yeah, Thanks-I'll try to lay it out for you.

Homebrewed Pit Stand

Legs:
1 1 /2 x1 1/2 -1/8 angle iron ( cut angles for feet-cut notches in tops for tubing)

Top:
1 1/2 .065 mild steel tubing ( mine is approx 2" wider than the widest part of my lower frame)

Feet:
1/8 steel plate (cut them out with a 2" holesaw)

Braces:
1/2 x1/2 .065 box tubing

Assembly- Cut the legs to desired length, I think I made mine 30". Advise, designing the legs outta cardboard-before you go cutting up the steel. Determine the width of the top, cut some cardboard-use a nail as a pivot. After determining where you want your pivot (length of frame on your bike), and the length of the legs (height) you are redy to cut and assemble. Keep in mind to make the top wide enough for oil changes, helps with stability too.

Cut your pieces and weld it all together. Tip-tack weld to make sure it all works like you planned. Then if it's all good, lay some bead. My stand is a bit heavier than the commercial aluminum one's but I had the steel laying around. I'm working on fabbing up an aluminum one. The picture show's pipe insulation on the top, which has since been replaced with 1 1/2 radiator hose. Oh, the hole's give you a place to hook your ties when your'e strapping the stand to your scooter. They look kinda kool too. Don't know how much lighter it made it. Hope that helps you

·
Registered
836 Posts
Here's a couple of shot's of an exh. plug I made for my HMF.

Material's:

PVC pipe
PVC cap
PVC glue
5/32 pop rivet
2-5/32 pop rivet washers
1-o ring
1-"remove before flight" flag

Tools:
hacksaw
LATHE :D :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice work. Is that bumper steel? I do the same myself. A headpipe based on 2 stroke technology and a modded stock muffler, and a tapered, using the stock airbox intake to keep up velocity, is next on my list. Timing mods, and my own porting, epoxy and stuff are in the works. I only do what I need to stay ahead of the competition.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Yeah, .065 1 1/2 and .065 1 " mild steel.

Coulda swore I posted these this a.m.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Got too late today, to get away and actually ride that sumbitch. So, fabbed up a skid plate for the frame. Little better view of the arm skids I fabbed early on. Now all I got left is the chromo skid for the swingarm.

:lol :lol :rock :rock

:yfz

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Man those skids look great but it looks like you got no time at all on that machine.

Especially by the way the tires look.

·
Registered
836 Posts
"Especiaelly by the way the tires look."

Front's are factory, rears are Kenda Knarly's -with one ride on them. Done roasted the stock tires off. So, not sure if that gets me out of the "no time club". I do take extremely good care of my toy's though-that's why my scooter looks so good. I wish there were more time to ride, but being a grandparent has it's rewards as well. :D :D

Glad you like the skid's not bad for an afternoon and a few adult beverages, eh? Lets see some more homebrewed [email protected] from the rest of the members here. :rock

1 - 20 of 30 Posts