YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding my YFZ with the baffle out and airlid off for a while now and was quite content. Last week my GYT-R pipe came in and dutifully rejetted my bike from stock pilot and 165 to 45 pilot and 170 main. yesterday was the first time i took it out.
I cand describe what the feeling of the quad was. it almost ripped my arms out it jumped of the line so fast. So here i am having a ball all day and am grinning like the chesire cat only to discover at the end of the day that i forgot to take the airlid off at the beginning of the day. I can imagin how much better it wouldve run wihtout the air lid. cant wait to put the K&N intake on and rejet higher. this thing is gonna rock big time.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Seatec, depending on your elevation and temp, you may need to go with a 178-180 main and 48 pilot with the K&N also on there.

I just got back from dumont dunes this weekend and they are at about 2000ft and it was 40 at night and 60 during the day. I have a ESR airbox eliminator kit with K&N, modded stock pipe (baffle out and holes drilled), and the cam mod. I had to go up to a 180 main 48 pilot, 4th clip on GYTR needle and 1.5 turns out on the mixture screw, with this setting I was spanking alot of Banshees, DS650's and only lost to one Raptor but it was a 720 with 15HP shot of spray, and only lost by 2 bikes up comp hill.

This quad is awesome when jetted right I beat two YFZ's with GYTR pipes and K&N's (I still have stock pipe) but they were not jetted right, I asked them after the race what they were running and they said "man these are jetted rich I think 170 main, 45 pilot, 3rd clip on GYTR needle and 2 turns out on the needle." Funny mine runs great and is getting alot more fuel with my jetting :lol

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
You know what's funny.....I beat alot of bikes this past weekend at Buttercup sand dunes to include banshees, raptor's, and another YFZ with paddles. I ran my bike with a 170 main 45 pilot YZF bike needle 4 clip, and 2.5 turns on the fuel screw ( I am thinking about the 48 pilot though ;) ) And to top it off I was running my Kenda Klaw's 18X10.5X8 on my heavy ass beadlock rims (of course I turned them for "Soft pack" :lol ) on the rear, NO PADDLES.....so jetting these bikes is very strange it seems. One bike runs awesome one way while another runs best another way. The only thing you can do is keep fine tuning until your happy with it's performance.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I just took mine out the on the street the other day finally, after adding the HMF slip-on. I almost flipped over backwards on asphalt. My jetting seems good, so now I know I can take it out to the trails and not be all messed up when I get there.
I'm running a 3:1 mix of 110 octane (which actually makes it run a bit richer) with a 168 main, GYT-R on the 4th clip, 45 pilot and 2 1/8 turns out.
Holding it open for a bit I might run lean, so I'm going up to a 170 tonight just for added assurance. It was 59 degrees at seal level.

There was no miss on the high end. I did not check for popping on the low end, but it acclerated smoothly. It's craaaazy fast actually.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts