YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering who was running the holeshot mxrs on front and back just got mine on they work awesome just wondered what tire pressure people were running for mx, hard pack, soft tracks, etc. oh edgerat thanks for teh help with the blowing oil out of the hole in sylinder head, when i did my cam mod the cover did not seal properly and was spitting oil down the spark plug hole and out the drain thanks for the help man- :yfz

·
Registered
625 Posts
I run about 4.5 in my MXR rears and about 20 in the fronts. I like the fronts to be hard as rocks.... No prob on the leaky oil thang...

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I run about 8 PSI in the rears for 2 reasons. 1.) When I land hard, I won't bottom out the tire, and bend the rims. 2.) going through corners the tire won't roll over, and I'll still be using the tread, and not the side wall.

Also I run about 10 in the front......because it makes me feel pretty ;)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I guess old habits from the cut radials die hard. I like to be able to use the tread on the tire and that is why we run so much air in the fronts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks i to come from the old radials so that is why i was wondering i run about 12-15psi in the front and 8 out-back where are all you guys from i live in northern michigan and its hard to find people up here who actually ride/ race quads most people up here just ride big stupid quads anyways i was going to travel this wionter and wondered where you guys ride?

·
Registered
467 Posts
16psi in the fronts, at least 10 in the rears, and add 2 pounds if the track is rutted and you start to 2 wheel in corners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts