YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into buying the best performance exhaust for my new YFZ and im torn between HMF and SPARKS. I am looking at which pipe will show and put out the most gains in performance as well as the quality and warranty and of course the price. I live about 1 hour 15 minutes from HMF and ive talked to them a lot about their pipes and they had a lot to say about them. On the other hand I see a lot of ppl running sparks pipes at nationals. I also looked into the TC pipe but i wasnt too keen on the price of $600 for a pipe :O :nono Any info you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.thanks. :rock :yfz

·
Registered
545 Posts
this is what i wrote over on bluetraxx....im YELLOW400RIDER over there

HMF!!!!

im going to get flamed for this but i am NOT a fan of sparks. scott over there SUCKS!!! and i wasnt impressed with the quality of my 400ex x-6 exhaust.

dont get me wrong fast motors and great performance gains but i will never buy from them again

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by slosh13@Nov 19 2003, 02:02 PM
I am looking into buying the best performance  exhaust for my new YFZ and im torn between HMF and SPARKS. I am looking at which pipe will show and put out the most gains in performance as well as the quality and warranty and of course the price. I live about 1 hour 15 minutes from HMF and ive talked to them a lot about their pipes and they had a lot to say about them. On the other hand I see a lot of ppl running sparks pipes at nationals. I also looked into the TC pipe but i wasnt too keen on the price of $600 for a pipe  :O  :nono  Any info you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.thanks.  :rock  :yfz
You know what I'm gonna say.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Originally posted by norcal450@Nov 19 2003, 08:44 PM

HMF!!!!

im going to get flamed for this but i am NOT a fan of sparks. scott over there SUCKS!!! and i wasnt impressed with the quality of my 400ex x-6 exhaust.

dont get me wrong fast motors and great performance gains but i will never buy from them again
i do beleive you jsut had one bad epeceirence..to people (good friends of mine) both purchased a Sparks exhaust for their YFZ's...one the ceramic coating started to rust..the other the silencer wasnt even coated...they called sparks, sent them both back, getting re-coated for free...and if they have anyu more problems they will do the same...i looked over the exhaust closely and i had no complaints..it looked solid..i know what pipe im getting...

·
Registered
545 Posts
Originally posted by rebel@Nov 19 2003, 01:38 PM
slosh13 is askin which gives better performance..hes not asking about your problems
i agree with you 100%. but i feel it is important to let fellow riders know what my experience was.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
im gonna say sparks as well. the quality and look is hands down amazing. the power gains are incredible. can forget to mention the sound of raw horsepower that comes out of the pipe. if youre looking for amazing prices on sparks, get in touch with paul at woodward specialties.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Originally posted by nacsracer27+Nov 19 2003, 02:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nacsracer27 @ Nov 19 2003, 02:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--norcal450@Nov 19 2003, 08:44 PM

HMF!!!!

i do beleive you jsut had one bad epeceirence..to people (good friends of mine) both purchased a Sparks exhaust for their YFZ's...one the ceramic coating started to rust..the other the silencer wasnt even coated...they called sparks, sent them both back, getting re-coated for free...and if they have anyu more problems they will do the same...i looked over the exhaust closely and i had no complaints..it looked solid..i know what pipe im getting... [/b][/quote]
hey nacs i remember you from exriders. congrats on the yfz!!! dont know if your remember me or not but i have also talked to you through AIM a few times under camaromuslce29

anyway.....i do agree with you that they take care of there products and would have replaced it if nesseccary. the problem i have is the first 2 rides on it were down at the dunes for a weekend and it already started to rust.

this was the ceramic coated version. now i am very very anal about keep my quad and things clean. washed and cleaned after every ride. i was very shocked about what had already taken place.

u might remember the guy on exriders who had to have his swapped out 3 times cuz of this same problem. he also got flamed hard and everyone called BS. he was right. maybe for mx or dirt its ok but not for sand. i could go on and on about my experiences but its not relative to this post. i have nothing agaisnt sparks racing and do believe that they build some SWEET motors. but, for me i choose not to do business with em anymore. just my .02

sorry for the errors and such, im at work dont have much time hehe

·
Registered
141 Posts
cant say i remember you. but these exhaust both started to rust after a few rides...if theyt get them back and everything is perfect im definatly gonna go to sparks...if you ride sand ESR pipe is definatly the way to go..it prodecs atleast 3 more hp on the top...dyno proven...its only on top end though.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I run a sparks and love it.....excellent fit and finish. Great performance gains, and not overly expensive. Could you ask for more?.......well if your like Steve you'll buy the exhaust that matches your bike becuase it's "Pretty".... :lol :lol

Their warranty is also superb.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
hey boss...
Is that a recent picture????
U think u can take one of it recently? or at least one without enhancing the picture. Man that thing is so beautiful, its ugly. Cant believe u ride it 3 times a week. The tires arent even worn.... :O

·
Registered
417 Posts
Originally posted by YFZCentral@Nov 20 2003, 10:56 PM
No it gets ridden about 3 times a week. I just clean it after words.
Riding around in the front yard and driveway doesn't count. :lol

Anyways, on to the pipes. For those who do not know, HMF offers a military discount. Not sure if any of you are, or have family that is. Anyways, the military discount pushes the price under $400, unless they've changed it. I know I've heard nothing but good things about HMF's customer support and products.

On the other hand, I got a really good deal on my Sparks, so I bought it local. A friend of mine (who happens to be a parts dealer) told me that he recommends Sparks only because they only make pipes for quads that will be raced, or are meant to be raced.

As far as performance, I think that both pipes will probably perform with a couple HP of each other when jetted correctly. One thing I can say, is I've ridden Merriman's quad (Sparks pipe), and I was like :O the whole time.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by Crazie+Nov 20 2003, 05:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crazie @ Nov 20 2003, 05:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--YFZCentral@Nov 20 2003, 10:56 PM
No it gets ridden about 3 times a week. I just clean it after words.
Riding around in the front yard and driveway doesn't count. :lol [/b][/quote]
:stupid :lol

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yfzcentral,
Like the rest of the folks in here I think the pic youve got of your yfz are the sweetest. Nut up for us and show us what the beast looks like when she's dirty.... :rock

·
Registered
325 Posts
I put my blue HMF on last night, and rode around the yard today. Third gear, power wheelie- WHOA. What a rush- definately felt stronger than my 215 lbs. YZ250F! :O

·
Registered
625 Posts
Love the sound and performance of Sparks, but the ceramic coating is gutter grade, it is allready rusting after only 20hrs.
Also dissappointed they don't coat the inside.

Geoff.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts