YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought you guys would like to know. My 450 with the full hmf not only beat every four stroke i could race but even beat some of my same bike with different pipes. I beat the yosh, sparks, and a couple others. By the way, i way 200 pounds. It was awesome, i now laugh at alba bikes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Originally posted by 450brady@Nov 11 2003, 12:48 AM
Just thought you guys would like to know. My 450 with the full hmf not only beat every four stroke i could race but even beat some of my same bike with different pipes. I beat the yosh, sparks, and a couple others. By the way, i way 200 pounds. It was awesome, i now laugh at alba bikes.
To bad it doesn't have a USFS approved spark arrestor or I'd have one. :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by 450brady@Nov 10 2003, 04:48 PM
Just thought you guys would like to know.  My 450 with the full hmf not only beat every four stroke i could race but even beat some of my same bike with different pipes.  I beat the yosh, sparks, and a couple others.  By the way, i way 200 pounds.  It was awesome, i now laugh at alba bikes.
yeah :O
btw... did you have the quite core insert???
if not... any prob with the sherifs/rangers???

we'll be out there in two weeks :rock

i goota take care of the chores first around the house :wtf

·
Registered
264 Posts
What intake are you using and what jetting? When I was there I was beating everyone with a Yoshi set up with K&N.

·
Registered
264 Posts
And I weigh 210

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problems with any rangers at all. I did not see anyone getting tested for sound. At the drags i think i might have seen like 4 rangers. Who knows maybe they are going easy on us this year. I do have the KN filter. My jetting is not quite spot on yet but it is 175 main, 45, pilot, Jd needle 4 position. Still playing with air screw. One day i could pull 4th gear up the hill, the next day after i played with it could only pull third. I should have it all set up for thanksgiving.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm interesed in the hmf exhaust system. Does the 450 lose a little power with the quiet core or the spark arrestor on it? what I'm looking for is a pipe that produces the most hp gain without being tooo loud, and with a removable spark arrestor for the trips to Glamis.

:yfz

·
Registered
34 Posts
I HAVE THE HMF AND IT IS LOOUD. I LOVE IT. HOPE NO ONE COMPLAINS ABOUT IT TO ME. VERY THROATY. :O

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by 450brady@Nov 10 2003, 06:48 PM
...i now laugh at alba bikes.
I've always laughed at alba bikes.

BTW: you'll know when I don't like something by the way I capitalize or not... for instance, I like Thunder Alley, so I capitalize the proper name. I don't like sparks thus, well you get the idea.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Originally posted by selector+Nov 11 2003, 09:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (selector @ Nov 11 2003, 09:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--450brady@Nov 10 2003, 06:48 PM
...i now laugh at alba bikes.
I've always laughed at alba bikes.

BTW: you'll know when I don't like something by the way I capitalize or not... for instance, I like Thunder Alley, so I capitalize the proper name. I don't like sparks thus, well you get the idea. [/b][/quote]
selector why don't you like sparks, i thought you had a sparks pipe and you said you liked it, do you not like it because it didn't work with your kickstart?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by 450bret350@Nov 11 2003, 11:16 PM
why don't you like sparks, i thought you had a sparks pipe and you said you liked it,
I think they're prima donnas. I'm not running their pipe anymore nor shall I ever make another sparks purchase - fast or not. I think they're pipe is just as good as the next guys - I've just chosen to ride the next guys pipe.

Anyone want a full sparks pipe for $325.00? It's just sitting on the shelf in my shop collecting dust.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by batoutahell@Nov 12 2003, 08:09 AM
What pipe did you switch to?
Thunder Alley. This thing is designed to really pick up the bottom/mid. The head pipe is 8" longer than stock. The builder is a nice guy and builds every single pipe that leaves his shop one at a time, to order.

He made the pipe on my CRF450R and when the YFZ came out, I called and asked if he'd make one for it. At that point, I was requesting a custom-made pipe. He said "no problem, I've got a friend at the Yamaha shop and I'll get a bike in here to fit a pipe and call you when it's ready.

Is his pipe any better/worse than anyone else's? Who knows. I do like the fact that when I call him, I'm speaking w/ the guys who actually make the pipe and who's name is on the door. He supports his customers too - he want's you to be happy with the pipe. His only form of advertising is word of mouth. You'd be suprised how many folks run his pipes.

Hell, now I've written all this and it may get deleted cause he's not a YFZcentral sponsor - oh well.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Here's a pic:

The silencer is quite a bit smaller than the sparks and the TA weighs about 3/4lb less. It looks good on the quad too. It's not a quite pipe though. I didn't have any problems @ Glamis... I just rode easy anytime I saw the law.

·
Registered
97 Posts
yeah I agree with Selector if you ride easy around the law there is no problems,
by the way nice looking pipe the can is considerably smaller than mine.

I like Sparks alot and will use there product because I like the quality and the performance. Plus they shipped me my pipe before my race even though I had just placed the order for no extra shipping charge. I also think that it is probably just as good as other but I just like theirs. As for Glamis and a hmf pipe I took down every hmf, bills, big gun and most modified raptors, most non-drag semi-mod banshees and every 250r and quadracer I could race. I even took a guy on a seriuosly nice lt-500 by a bike length.
Selector, Thunder Alley looks really nice I can't wait to see your bike run at Glamis I bet it smokes :evilgrin .

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by rtyfz450@Nov 12 2003, 11:19 AM
I can't wait to see your bike run at Glamis...
Were you there on Halloween weekend?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I wasn't there because we had problems coming out :( anyway we were there the weekend before and the weekend after. we are going out next weekend and the weekend after that and then I think we are taking a break until after thanksgiving.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by rtyfz450@Nov 12 2003, 12:25 PM
...had problems coming out...
We're family here - anything you want to tell, we're all ears. Well accept you for who you are. :lol j/k

I asked about Halloween, cause I can't see myself going back there for a while. I dig the hill, but (10) hours each way is something I can't do a lot of. I'll hit Dumont in the near future and perhaps Oregon next summer, but Glamis is done for at least several years.

·
Registered
97 Posts
lol yeah that did sound suspicious :lol my dad was supposed to put the air bags on the truck with me but we didn't get around to it :disgust .

10 hours to glamis man I can understand why you don't want to come back soon. It is only 2hrs from my house. do you go to Idaho alot? We loved it this summer and will be back next summer for sure

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by rtyfz450@Nov 12 2003, 12:45 PM
lol yeah that did sound suspicious  :lol  my dad was supposed to put the air bags on the truck with me but we didn't get around to it :disgust .

10 hours to glamis man I can understand why you don't want to come back soon. It is only 2hrs from my house. do you go to Idaho alot? We loved it this summer and will be back next summer for sure
Well then we can hook-up there for sure. St. Anthony is ~3.5 hours from my house - not bad.

You'll need to budget time to hit Little Sahara here too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts