·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 450r
HMF performance slip on exhaust
HMF fuel optimizer
Pro design - Pro Flow K&N intake w/o a top cover
I'm noticing slight hesitation at lower rpms when rolling into throttle/light acceleration. As well as an excessive amount of backfire around those same rpms or with light blips. Mid/top end power feel fine. It's almost like having a all the boost kick in at once in a turbocharged car. Hesitation, then bang you're moving. Given that, I would assume it is running relatively rich in that particular area of low rpms. And/or the timing for midrange is off. I bought the bike as is and am curious as to what optimizer settings you would recommend with the current modifications. The current values for the correspondingly modes are as follows.

G - 7 Y - 6 R - 5. G/B - 7 R/Y - 6 R/B - 4.5

I don't really have a way of knowing what these values should be at. I'll try and do some more research on people with similar mods to get myself a baseline but any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
The hesitation is likely in the factory ECU, but ATV on demand was able to work out the bog with their YFZ with Green/Blue 8 ; Green 7 ; Yellow 6 ; red 5; however, that could change for based on your elevation. Here's the video:

HMF YFZ450R Competition Series Exhaust and Fuel Optimizer Test - YouTube
2:45 they start to talk about tuning for the HMF exhaust
3:38 they share the settings

1 - 2 of 2 Posts