YFZ Central banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is their pipe really that awesome or just like the rest but looks real good. I have a FMF Ti4 full exhaust with jd jet kit 168 45 red needle and the quad kicks ass. Seriously should i be scared if i see one of you with your powder coated pipe riding through hollywood. Maybe i should throw my piece of w00ter ugly titanium pipe away and buy a HMF. YA THANK Please give me some serious feedback

·
Registered
73 Posts
well my hmf is coming in 2 days so i will tell you all about it when it comes in :woo

:yfz

·
Registered
141 Posts
There is usually only about 2 horse difference between pipes. Just tricky advertising makes one belive that their quad is going to have huge gains in power over another. All depends on your application.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Originally posted by YFZCentral@Jan 20 2004, 08:45 PM
You should be scared of this......  :D
So you got dual exhaust on yours or what???
I'd like to see your dual exhaust ESR / HMF -YFZ450 :lol

Seriosly though, my HMF hauls, it's a whole NEW machine, I took it down the street the nite I installed it, & all I got to say, is it's now --- SCARY FAST!!! I'm VERY happy & VERY pleased w/ their product (2 year warranty!!! Oh yeah!!! They are good pipes!!!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all. I just wanted to make sure i wasn't going crazy. Especially agree with banshee killer. Thanks for clearing everything up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
YA the HMF's are crazy. Iv raced kids in my town with sparks, esr, and yoshi's on their yfz and beat them all till rev limiter. The thing is the best i think..plus they look KILLER SWEEEEEEEET.!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just put my anodized blue HMF pipe on this week and it is sweet. I have the blue YFZ and the anodized blue looks great and has a pretty thick clear coat to keep the finish looking nice. To tell you how big of a difference it made I switched my main jet from a 168 up to a 180 without any problems other than holding on. It sounds great, looks great, and the power increase seems to me to be backing up their claims.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by cjpoole1+Jan 21 2004, 04:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cjpoole1 @ Jan 21 2004, 04:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--MXCOP@Jan 21 2004, 03:06 PM
I just put my anodized blue HMF pipe on this week
Its powdercoated, not anodized :) [/b][/quote]
Whatever the coating is I was very impressed with everything about the pipe.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Originally posted by mx69sx@Jan 21 2004, 05:33 PM
tc is def the best
are u serious?? I had a TC on my EX and it was bada$$. But they are absolutely garbage for the YFZ. All show and no go! They are one of the loudest, and the power wise they produce is NOWHERE NEAR HMF or Curtis Sparks. HMF IS KING!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
are u serious?? I had a TC on my EX and it was bada$$. But they are absolutely garbage for the YFZ. All show and no go! They are one of the loudest, and the power wise they produce is NOWHERE NEAR HMF or Curtis Sparks. HMF IS KING!!

I SECOUND THAT!! HMF RULES

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by sux2beu@Jan 21 2004, 12:05 PM
YA the HMF's are crazy. Iv raced kids in my town with sparks, esr, and yoshi's on their yfz and beat them all till rev limiter. The thing is the best i think..plus they look KILLER SWEEEEEEEET.!
you raced kids with an esr on the yfz? :nono maybe depending on other mods but pipe to pipe on the yfz, esr smokes hmf.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well i really dont think i was seeing things that day..but i had the kid with the esr pipe about 1 -2 bike links. He might of had a k and n air filter but who knows. Hey thats what happened ..not my fault..jeez

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well it all depends on tunning as well. There are 6 of us in a group that ride every week and we all have 450's with different types of exhaust. I have big gun race(loud as hell) series full system. Other are hmf full pipe, sparks full system, gtyr full system, and 2 modded stock exhaust systems. In the trails no one is faster than the other from exhaust it's about the rider. Hill climbing in the trails the full exhaust bikes perform better than the stock modded ones do. Now when it comes to full drag on concrete, stock modded dosen't even come close. Gtyr comes in next but right on the hmf's bumber. Mine with the big gun(before custom intake) with the stock filter and the curtis sparks with the sparks filter are neck in neck it depends on who hits the gas first on roll ons. Now with my custom intake with stock filter I can pull a quad from second to third but from fourth to fifth, I pull another 2 and a half. Hmf performs great as so does sparks and big gun. To say esr would smoke all these pipes is crazy. Pipes for these bikes can only get so good. It's all about set up and rider. If people belive everything they read about power from pipes then I wouldn't dyno your bike stock than bolt your pipe on and make another pull cause your not going to see 10-15 horse from a pipe alone at the tire like advertised. These pipe dealers are just like car sells man, tell you what you want to hear that makes you feel good so you will buy :lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts