YFZ Central banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're totally pumped about the YFZ pipe we developed last week. We've got over 50 out the door and it's already out there helping to win races. Anything you'd like to know just post it and we'll get right back to you. We will also be making skid plates, a arms, and bumpers soon. Thanks to YFZ Central for having us! :D Joe/HMF

·
Registered
11 Posts
:) Welcome!

I just ordered a slip on from one of your suppliers today.
Can you tell me what best clip postion on the needle and which main jets to use with the air lid in place and with it open?

Also this was posted by "Brif" earlier.
"Does anyone know if the HMF pipes have a USFS approved spark-arrestor yet? This is really important for where I ride and was the reason I didn't get one for the z".

Thanks,

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Answers to your questions

A 180 Keihin hex will work for both applications and we did try several needles and jets before changing the pipe configuration and sticking with the stock needle and going with the 180 main jet.

As far as forestry approval of our sparky, we need to submit a line drawing and a check then Uncle Sam will allow us to pass out the USFS stickers.

Joe/HMF

·
Registered
151 Posts
slip on versus full system dyno?

Got any graphs depicting the difference in gains with a slip on versus the full system?

Thanks
Triston

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dyno graph

The dyno chart shown in the advertisement above shows stock in green, slip on in red, and full system in blue.

Joe/HMF

A

·
0 Posts
Thanks joe.....

thanks for clearing that up ...........

keep the rubber side down.......

thanks

Triston

·
Registered
32 Posts
I raced against Chris Borich This Weekend with his HMF pipe on it and that piped sounded awesome. It added such an awesome grunt, plus he easily pulled the holeshot against me, and last week he didn't have a chance off the line. I having been running HMF pipes on my two Zs and I they are awesome.

Way to go HMF with another great pipe!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I raced against Chris Borich This Weekend with his HMF pipe on it and that piped sounded awesome.  It added such an awesome grunt, plus he easily pulled the holeshot against me!
Thats what I'm talking about!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice pic!

Do you know if Borich is going to run the 450 in the up coming gncc races or will he go back to his other bike? I'm curious to see how one will do in the pro classes.

I have a good friend (Chris Jenks) running the pro class, but he's been have some bad luck lately.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That pic is great!

Excellent picture! I printed it and hung it high in the corporate office here at HMF for all to see!

Thanks,
Joe/HMF :lol

·
Registered
215 Posts
Great to have you aboard! Ive always liked your pipes and there is a brand new full system on the quad I am planning to purchase from a friend.
You all make great pipes! Keep up the good work. Ill letcha know how the performs...but I dont expect it to be any less than great! :D

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thats how we know whats right and whats wrong!

Joe/HMF

1 - 14 of 14 Posts