YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the dyno for the HMF's (slip-on VS full system), is it really worth the extra $230 for a couple of more HP with the full system. Will it be better in the long run for additional add ons if I get the full pipe?
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by yfz450 kid@Dec 25 2003, 03:49 PM
It all adds up, and HMF appears to be honest about it's HP claims, and they look teriffic.
But is it worth the extra $230 for just 2-3 HP?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by coolhuh+Dec 25 2003, 04:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (coolhuh @ Dec 25 2003, 04:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--yfz450 kid@Dec 25 2003, 03:49 PM
It all adds up, and HMF appears to be honest about it's HP claims, and they look teriffic.
But is it worth the extra $230 for just 2-3 HP? [/b][/quote]

It looks cool too, and is 1/3 of an easy 10 HP gain with re jetting, and a better breathing filter. Completes the circuit.

They all three go together. I chose Yoshi over the HMF.

The pipe shouldnt be installed without re jetting ( RE:daddogs dirt riders page), and the easy starting after word is worth it in my book.

·
Registered
313 Posts
yfzkid,

where did you get your exhaust? is it a full system? how much did you have to give for it?

thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by 2qk4u@Dec 25 2003, 06:50 PM
yfzkid,

where did you get your exhaust? is it a full system? how much did you have to give for it?

thanks
The stock YFZ header pipe is excellent so I just replaced the silencer.
It was $299 delivered free/ no salestax, from: rockymountainATV.com
I also ordered the silencer kit ($34 I think), free delivery/no sales tax too.

I bought two of them for both YFZ'z and they came in about 3 working days.
Nice mellow sound.

I re jetted/Yoshi'd my daughters quad too.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Thats ur daughter??? How old r u YFZ kid? And she also rips on a YFZ? :yfz :yfz :rock

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by YFZdream450@Dec 26 2003, 02:31 AM
Thats ur daughter??? How old r u YFZ kid? And she also rips on a YFZ? :yfz :yfz :rock
She raced a predator her first time out.

her YFZ450 was stock, stock tires and the predator had paddles, and experienced rider and obviously some power mods.
The Predator front wheel was about a wheels length ahead of her front wheel at the top of the Dune.

The predator owners been braggin for two weeks but now she may return to the dunes with a jetted, piped and Sand Star paddle tire YFZ and race him again (with pink Oneal riding gear).

The results will be far more dramatic this time, and bragging rites will change hands, believe me.

89 lbs Waiting out a windstorm to go Wakeboarding at Parker Calif. My mom taught her to knit. She appears in the movie "Along Came Polly" that opens Jan 14th.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
yfz450 kid - Your a brave Dad to be posting pics of your daughter in a skimpy bikini around all these guys. im sure a few of them need to put thier tongues back in their mouths :lol

the stock head pipe looks pretty good IMO. So I am running the HMF skip-on right now. Im really happy with it

·
Registered
834 Posts
The HMF slip on is a good first step. If you want to go to a full system later on, they will exchange the mid pipe for a full headpipe. (Add a few $$ of course)

Spend money on the mods that make a big difference, then when you run out of things to spend money on, buy the headpipe. That is my plan!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm getting a price today on how much a 450 with HMF slip on, and a few other goodies it worth, I hope to buy mine next week, or so.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I would say its worth it. look at it this way. You are spending $229( shop around and you can get cheaper) for the slip-on and get:
5HP bottom end
6HP mid range
4HP topend

For the full system your paying $221(again cheaper if you shop around) additional and get an additional:
0HP bottom end(but your getting more torque)
3HP mid range
3HP top-end

Also your probably going to see even greater HP numbers with the full system if you have other engine mods.
JMO :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Who has the best price on exhaust systems?
Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think HMF is the way to go (full system).I used Yoshi's Vance & Hines on my street bikes But i NEVER got 1 on 1 support as i have with HMF. they are a small company,and dont mind talking you through things, hell i had JOE at HMF walk me through the Jetting process. Top that YOSHI???i have dealt with yoshi/Hines before and NEVER had anybody remotely interested in helping.
Jeff

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by schwendi@Dec 26 2003, 04:54 PM
yfz450 kid - Your a brave Dad to be posting pics of your daughter in a skimpy bikini around all these guys. im sure a few of them need to put thier tongues back in their mouths  :lol

the stock head pipe looks pretty good IMO. So I am running the HMF skip-on right now. Im really happy with it
That Bikini isn't skimpy in her book, it's one of her more modest ones.

You can catch a glimpse of her in the up coming movie "Along Came Polly" with Jennifer Aniston (a YFZ 450 owner too) and Ben Stiller.

Straight A student, great kid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
YFZ450 kid

I seen the previews for that movie and it looks like it is going to be good. What part is she going to be playing?

I am 15 years old and making payments on my YFZ because I wanted it so bad. I am thinking about getting a Duncan racing fat boy 4 pipes or one of those white brothers carbon pro pipes

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by MXracerYFZ450@Jan 3 2004, 09:21 PM
YFZ450 kid

I seen the previews for that movie and it looks like it is going to be good.  What part is she going to be playing?

I am 15 years old and making payments on my YFZ because I wanted it so bad.  I am thinking about getting a Duncan racing fat boy 4 pipes or one of those white brothers carbon pro pipes
We had white Bros pipes but took them back because of no provision for the heat shield.

^^^^Yoshi Pipe with heat protector^^^^^

^^^^Note Stock pipes heat protector^^^^^^

^^^Yoshi pipe worked best with the med sound silencer installed^^^

At Dumonts Comp Hill YFZ 450 owners tend to swarm and talk together and many had burnt pants from the pipe. It could lead to a nasty 3rd degree burn on you leg too.
3rd degree burns don't like to heal,, and infect very easily.

Her part in the movie is listed as significant, but very small.
She's in all Ben Stillers movies and most of what Jenifer Aniston work in too.
She was just happy the checks cleared the bank, (less 15% savings by law, and 30% to her agent),

If you watch boring episodes of "the Practice" TV show, and "Boston public" she was a regular on many episodes. Paid very well, even when she was off the set in school she was paid.

When kids hit 17 years old, the TV/movie roles available evaporate.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by coolhuh@Dec 27 2003, 03:32 PM
Who has the best price on exhaust systems?
Thanks
RockymountainATV.com

No shipping charges, no salestax, and usually a 1/3 cheaper price than everyone else.

They sell all brands.

HMF is soon releasing a new YFZ pipe that is rumored to be a very good one.

If you want to buy in person, "The Racers Edge", open 7 days, in Simi Valley Calif. best prices and return policy I could find.

The owner is very sharp with any questions you may have.

·
Registered
479 Posts
dam 450 kid, thats sick!!! Jennifer anniston really has a yfz 450? :rock

1 - 20 of 24 Posts