YFZ Central banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I really like HMF colored silencers. I saw a blue silencer on the top of the page. Will they make colored silencers for the YFZ like all the other quads? Think this pipe will be as loud as their other pipes & silencers? If they make a red silencer than I may buy one.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should be able to get any of their silencers in any of the colors they have. I talked to them at the Dealer show in Indy about a carbon fiber one for a quad, cause they make them for street bikes, and they said it wouldn't be a problem. I can't make up my mind on going with blue or polished.

·
Registered
869 Posts
MY HMF full system should be on the way now. They are also really excited about some of there other product for the yfz they are coming out with. With a few more motor mods from FDO racing my 450 should be ready to rock by the time the next GNCC>

·
Registered
869 Posts
guys this pipe is the real deal!!!!!!!! I installed my full system tonight and I have never felt that much of a difference from just a pipe before. It does wonders to the bottom end!!!! I have an extremely tight section in my practice track that when I first got my yfz I had to slip the clutch in first gear to keep from stalling it. (due to lack of speed) Now with the pipe 2nd gear no clutch at all not a problem. I can almost come to a complete stop in second gear and pull strongly out of it with no problem.

·
Registered
869 Posts
you better go order one today then :wink:

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to wait a few weeks on the pipe. It has plenty enough power for me right now that I could use the money for other parts. :lol

·
Registered
869 Posts
What else are you going to get for it? just wondering

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I order PRM bumper, grab bar, and skids today. Order sprockets Wednesday. Next week probably TAG t-2's, Razors, and a few other odds and ends. Then after that maybe the exhaust. Over the next few months I hope to add Elkas, Hiper beadlocks, Steering stem, IMS pegs,nerfs, ect, ect

·
Registered
76 Posts
Does anyone know if the HMF pipes have a USFS approved spark-arrestor yet? This is really important for where I ride and was the reason I didn't get one for the z.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I also want to know about the legality of the HMF exhaust for the YFZ. I mostly will be riding on public land in southern California so it needs to be U.S.F.S. approved. There is a 96db rule in effect too.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
HMFer (HMF support) said this in the HMF forum....
If you add the removable quiet core insert you should have no problem with decibel testing.

Our spark arrestors are made to forestry specs but we have to submit some drawings and paperwork with a giant check to gain their stamp of approval.  That should be clear in the next few months.

Joe/HMF

1 - 14 of 14 Posts