YFZ Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently got the 2021 yfz450r se in white and it already came with a hmf slip on. Yesterday I did heat cycles and went out today to just cruise around and right from the start it was back firing really loud and then would just shut off. When i was at the dealer I asked if they tuned it for the hmf and they said since it is a slip on you do not have to do anything with it. Anyone have any idea on why it pops and stalls or if i should get it tuned. thanks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
recently got the 2021 yfz450r se in white and it already came with a hmf slip on. Yesterday I did heat cycles and went out today to just cruise around and right from the start it was back firing really loud and then would just shut off. When i was at the dealer I asked if they tuned it for the hmf and they said since it is a slip on you do not have to do anything with it. Anyone have any idea on why it pops and stalls or if i should get it tuned. thanks.
Your dealer is dumb as can be. You must tune then or run the risk of super lean condition and possible motor damage. Get a vortex and a intake or go back to stock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts