YFZ Central banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the OMF. Should I cancel and order the Hipers?

Give me your opinions.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
go with hipers... they really are sweet.

or douglas beadlocks... i personally dont care for the look of the OMF ... but thats just my opinion.

i currently have douglas on my quad all the way around... i will soon be switching to hiper

·
Registered
70 Posts
i had omfs on my 400 with the scallop bead i jus got new ones for my yfz with out the scallop bead i love omf they build a superior wheel ive heard some bad things bout hiper but im not totally sure id go with omf's plus aluminum dont break n ther cheaper

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
get hiper-its no comparison. hipers are carbon fiber, so they are rediculously lightweight/modular-much more practical than normal wheels/looks trick/ dual beadlock rears allow you change tires on the same rim effortlessly. do yourself a favor and spend the extra cash and go with hiper you wont be disappointed :rock

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by Tainted Glory@Jan 17 2004, 12:43 AM
get hiper-its no comparison. hipers are carbon fiber, so they are rediculously lightweight/modular-much more practical than normal wheels/looks trick/ dual beadlock rears allow you change tires on the same rim effortlessly. do yourself a favor and spend the extra cash and go with hiper you wont be disappointed :rock
:stupid definitely go w/ hipers...... look [email protected]$$ and lightweight and the list goes on and on :rock

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have 2 sets of OMF's 1 plain 1 scallop. I was looking at the Hipers very seriously when an offer to good to be true came along on the scallops. the hipers are lighter and cost more and the dual beadlocks on the rear are sweet. It all comes down to what your preference is and how much you want to spend. Other than Hipers and the douglas shamrocks,I dont think there is a nicer wheel out there and I have not had a single complaint with my OMF's.

·
Registered
983 Posts
i really cant say anything intelligent about other beadlock wheels. What i can say is that the Hipers look feel and perform very well. it is very easy to work with tires on them. I think its well worth the money. besides. They absolutely look the best.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've decided to go with the OMF because of cost and I have heard from one of the local shops that the 8 X 8 integrated mx hub wheel is stripping out on the axle. I would just consider buying 9's but i have 8" razors.

·
Registered
416 Posts
It is true on the hubs, unless you do what I do. You have to use a product called Sleeve Retainer on the splines, it is made by Permatex, and mine are holding up very well

·
Registered
500 Posts
Originally posted by Bretz56@Jan 18 2004, 07:42 AM
It is true on the hubs, unless you do what I do. You have to use a product called Sleeve Retainer on the splines, it is made by Permatex, and mine are holding up very well
thanks for letting me know, Shane.... :re

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I think some of you people are bias and go by what other people tell you, and therefore you go anf get that thing. I have 8x8s and my stock axle and the splines and in perfect condition. The axle is the same as the cannondale axle as far as splines. One problem was that the intergrated hub is long and therefor i needed to use a skinnier washer to make sure i can use a cotter key. They are the easiest rims to switch tires from, easiest to keep clean, and they hold air like some of the people who never had hipers say they do. My rims were out in my shed in freezing temps and they still are at 8 pounds of pressure. i just threw the piece inside the tire, threw the rings on, tightened them down and they are the best rims ever IMO, and ill never run anything else. Same goes for the razr mx's over holew00ters. So if you never had the product, shut up and don't bad mouth them.

PS. cancel the OMFs for and get the hipers, and do it now!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think some of you people are bias and go by what other people tell you
The integrated hubs fit perfect on the stock axle, but when you mount them to the LSR axle, there is an overwelming amount of slack in between the splines, there is no way that `these would hold up to mx abuse, not to mention, mine were so far out of whack before I used the sleeve retainer, that the wheels would wobble in the air, due to the spline difference.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Originally posted by Bretz56@Jan 18 2004, 02:23 PM
Well, that is my luck then, I probably got a bad batch, LOL. I should check into this a little more then. :angry
.....or send em to me :rock

1 - 19 of 19 Posts