YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering how many of you have been to the hinton dunes? I think a group of us are gonna check it out next may long or something? any tips? whats the elevation like for jetting?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Hey guys, just wondering how many of you have been to the hinton dunes? I think a group of us are gonna check it out next may long or something? any tips? whats the elevation like for jetting?
[/b]
Hinton dunes.. Brule dunes...

Pretty much all the same

I live in Hinton and ride the dunes quite often. May long is def a must if your interested in checking them out

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YFZRIDER<---)-->
Hinton dunes.. Brule dunes...

Pretty much all the same

I live in Hinton and ride the dunes quite often. May long is def a must if your interested in checking them out
[/b]

Ya thats what I hear. my crew went last may long, I didnt go cuz I didnt have a baby sitter. Maybe this may long ill be there. We have also been talkin about a trip to st anthonys.

·
Registered
431 Posts
If you don't like big crowds don't go on a long weekend. If you are looking for that then go. I prefer the weekend prior to a long one. Smoother sand, less idiots drinking and riding.
Anyway, jetting wise. If you are jetted for about 2000 feet above sea level (like Edmonton for example) then you will be ok. I think elevation is about 2500 to 3000 feet. Better to run a little rich anyway I think. It is a good time once in awhile. You don't really need paddles though. I found it was a little more challenging and fun with holeshots and there was only about 2 or 3 hills I couldn't climb without paddles. And then you don't have to worry about rocks or roots either. JMO.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you don't like big crowds don't go on a long weekend. If you are looking for that then go. I prefer the weekend prior to a long one. Smoother sand, less idiots drinking and riding.
Anyway, jetting wise. If you are jetted for about 2000 feet above sea level (like Edmonton for example) then you will be ok. I think elevation is about 2500 to 3000 feet. Better to run a little rich anyway I think. It is a good time once in awhile. You don't really need paddles though. I found it was a little more challenging and fun with holeshots and there was only about 2 or 3 hills I couldn't climb without paddles. And then you don't have to worry about rocks or roots either. JMO.
[/b]

Ahh good to hear. ya they said it was real busy last may long. I prefer quiet time, less idiots like you say. As far as the jetting goes, ill be dialed in for 2500 feet, so that would be perfect. I live in kelowna

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
hey Canadian 450 are you aloud to be here if you haven't ridden your quad in 10 months . I know your ankle is messed up but that is still no excuse. Yah there is also alot of trail out there to if you want to explore.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
It's a pretty big area... Never seen it busy.... :mhihi:

·
Registered
431 Posts
YFZRIDER<---)-->
It's a pretty big area... Never seen it busy.... :mhihi:
[/b]

I remember years ago when a long weekend meant 30 people were out there, that is not busy...... A couple years ago I never had to work Fridays..... 4 or 5 guys out there during a weekday, that is nice riding!
200 bikes with a bunch of them drunk is too busy for me :disgust:
Each to their own though.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I remember years ago when a long weekend meant 30 people were out there, that is not busy...... A couple years ago I never had to work Fridays..... 4 or 5 guys out there during a weekday, that is nice riding!
200 bikes with a bunch of them drunk is too busy for me :disgust:
Each to their own though.
[/b]
Yeah thats pretty much how it is. Maybe like 45 riders in the entire area...

And any other weekend there are a few riders and the sand is always awesome

The wind does suck some days, other days its nice, hot and sunny.

There is even a a huge clear and really cold lake to take a dip in if you and your steed are overheating (drive out to the huge beached tree and change on there so your gear doesn't get wet) If you swim out far enough you can be right under a huge mountain

Even though the area is surrounded in them.. :mhihi:

AT NIGHT BRING DOWN YOUR TRUCK OR BOLT UP YOUR LIGHTS TO HAVE A REALLY AWESOME TIME

PARTIES EVERY NIGHT BACK AT THE CAMPS

·
Registered
113 Posts
do you need paddels? or are stock tires enough? what do you run?

·
Registered
431 Posts
No reason to be sorry. Glad I could help. You really don't need them and the rocks that are in the area are a little hard on them. I took mine out there once and actually prefer to ride without them. JMO. :icon_cool:

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
No reason to be sorry. Glad I could help. You really don't need them and the rocks that are in the area are a little hard on them. I took mine out there once and actually prefer to ride without them. JMO. :icon_cool:
[/b]
vern i herebye bannish you from this website until you take out your quad and come ride with me. he he he

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Paddles are perfect for brule dunes cuz most of the hills require that little extra to get over the top. The roads are rocky, but if your lucky you can camp very close to the dunes and it is all sand.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thats good to hear. im gonna be going there this spring with a group of friends. when seems to be the start of the good weather down there? I like a lot of ppl. more ppl to loose. =)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
IM DEFINATELY GONNA B TEHRE 2 MAN. I GO EVERY YEAR CUZ I LIVE IN HINTON. ITS GONNA BE A BLAST. THE WEATHER ON MAY LONG IS USUALLY AWESOME, TRY AND GO THEN.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey guys , yea i went to hinton last year.
Make sure you have registration and insurance.
f-Ing fish cops gave us tickets. ofcourse we outran them for 2 days.
the 3rd day they blocked the main trail. and we were hooped.
Anyone Going this month of may . im planning on it!!!!!!!!
lemme know who evers going?

·
Registered
113 Posts
is this place easy to find i plan on hitting it later this summer and don't want to drive all that way and not be able to find it. directions would be very appreciated.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts