YFZ Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've had my 2016 for a few years now. I don't ride it very much lately, and it's been a trouble free machine for years. Yoshimura exhaust, Vortex ECU, no airbox lid, 6 across the board on the tune. It's always ran flawlessly, but over the weekend it would randomly hang idle. It was really intermittent. And it would only raise a little bit. So when I got home, checked the throttle cable on both ends, and dug up my bored throttle body, which was on the bike before, and I installed that. Now it idles extremely high unless I pinch off the IAC hose. I tried swapping the IAC and TPS and it made no change.

Now few side notes: this throttle body was on my YFZ before and operated perfectly fine. The throttle cable adjustment made no difference, even though it always had slack. I'm planning to swap the old throttle body back on and try that. The first thing I checked was TPS adjustment and it was still .680, and the other TPS was adjusted to the same. I plan to check the intake boot after work tonight or tomorrow night, whenever the throttle body is removed.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had random high idles before it ended up that the throttle cable was getting pull because I had a +1 stem. Got longer cable no problems since.
I'm still on a stock stem and bars and the cable is lubed up good. Not a cable or throttle body issue mechanically.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s not good when the yfz guru has a problem he can’t figure out
Seriously though. Thank God I have the Banshee and TRX still...

Sort of narrowed it down to the idle control part of the Vortex ECU. I put a GT thunder manual idle adjuster on the stock throttle body and it's been solid ever since. I should have done that awhile ago, it's been sitting in my desk for years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts