YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 yfz that I have had for about a year and have had nothing but issues. I am a point now that it is running strong but only one out of five times. The four other times it will start but want to die right away but if you give it gasit will just be breaking up like crazy as soon as you get to like 1/4 throttle. Now I thought it was a jetting issue but the way it runs when it wants to is the cleanest it ever ran. Does anyone have any insight into this. It’s been driving me mad for months and has been to multiple mechanics and everyone is saying different thing and it’s still the same. Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it is bypassed. And if is that you think it will still run right every few times I start it?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Sounds like an electrical issue to me. Have you checked to make sure your spark plug boot is staying properly seated? Have you checked to make sure you have good spark?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spark is good. The spark plug boot is definitely secured. I am wondering if it’s the stator or Cdi box. I looked high and low all over this site and can’t find anything similar to what is happening to me and I’m completely stuck.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Spark is good. The spark plug boot is definitely secured. I am wondering if it’s the stator or Cdi box. I looked high and low all over this site and can’t find anything similar to what is happening to me and I’m completely stuck.
Where do you live? I'm in the 732 area as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
What is TORS?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just picked up a 07 yfz roller I am going to throw the harness from it onto mine and see what I get. Then I plan on sticking a banshee motor in there. If this doesn’t fix it I might have to come up to you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The relay is bad so I have been jumping it and it will crank and crank and fire here and there but won’t start. This is insanely frustrating I thought this harness would be the answer.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I'm a huge fan of cut aftermarket harness.
Look up Corey Kennedy or Anthony Pennacchia. They make stripes down harness.
It sounds like you parking brake or tors with out physically hearing it

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I looked both of them up and can’t find anything I have a new harness is there anywhere I can find something on stripping it myself

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No Facebook. But I did go over everything today and since swapping the harness I wasn’t able to even start it. I was going through everything again today a noticed the the splice On the harness side of the tps sensor was messed up. I stripped a little off and twisted them to and then it started right up. But still with the breaking up and won’t idle. I could keep it running if I play with throttle but it wants to shut off.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Also be 100% certain the tors is disabled correctly.
Check south texas banshee on Ebay. I believe he sells yfz harness

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have the boysen quickshot instead of the zip tie mod. I really am trying to figure it out without buying another new harness. Just to be sure I have the tps sensor the one wire coming from the harness by the carb spliced and the tors the wire coming from the throttle spliced on the harness side of the connection?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts