YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys tested the 21x12x8 extreme hauler vs the 20x10x10 extreme hauler? Raced against another YFZ with one or the other? Results?

I like the look of 10" rims on the rear, but if the 21's are that much quicker I will buy those....

I like to drag race and hill shoot primarily.

Mods
Sparks pipe
Cam Mod
K&N
15T countershaft sprocket

·
Registered
545 Posts
im running the 20x10x10 8 paddle extreme

there awesome :O
hook up is incredible!!!! im sure the 21's will hook even harder but i'd rather have these as i feel there a little better suited for play riding

havent riden on the 21's but just going off of friends opinions of them and stuff. like u said though u hill shoot and race a lot so i would definetly consider the 21's

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I run the 20X10X10 regualr haulers, and love them. But to answer your question you should surf around the net, and see what all the other drag bikes run. I notice that they all run a high profile tire usually a 21 or 22 " tire with 10 or more cups on an 8 inch rim. While the not so serious guys run a more duner friendly combo like mine. Now I believe they do this so they get more flotation and better hook up. Learn from the other drag racers, and see what they do. That is one of the best ways to get quick fast.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
get a 20x10x10 Extreme Hauler on a 10x8 rim..... it will provide the lightest tire/wheel combo and give the most hookup :rock

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ_53@Feb 17 2004, 01:39 PM
get a 20x10x10 Extreme Hauler on a 10x8 rim..... it will provide the lightest tire/wheel combo and give the most hookup :rock
:stupid

·
Registered
545 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ_53@Feb 17 2004, 01:39 PM
thats what i got :blah

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I've got the 20" 8 paddle haulers and if I was going to do it again I would definately purchase 21" 8 paddle haulers..

They are faster up the hill and quicker on top end in the drags. My 20" haulers have more a flat slick profile where as the 21" haulers are more dounut shaped.. The 20" size may be more dune friendly however.

I'll sell you some 20" 8 paddle haulers like new if your interested in that size. Shoot me a pm.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I run 21x11x8 bead to bead haulers and they run amazing...

All myy buddies run them as well and none of us never had any problems with them except that they are a bit thinner since they are bead to bead. if you camp like on the washes at Glamis than these tires may only last you 2 season, but the washes seem to screw up any paddle faster. I love them.. You can't get back to a 10 inch rim...

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by Str8Wicked@Feb 17 2004, 11:50 PM

All myy buddies run them as well and none of us never had any problems with them except that they are a bit thinner since they are bead to bead. if you camp like on the washes at Glamis than these tires may only last you 2 season, but the washes seem to screw up any paddle faster. I love them.. You can't get back to a 10 inch rim...
u can if u get a 10x8............ the 10 is the diameter which will make it light as possible...... the 8 is the width of the rim... w/ the tire being 10 and the rim being 8, it will cause the rim to balloon just like it would on an 8x8 rim giving the lightest combo, yet still giving the most traction :rock

·
Registered
214 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ_53+Feb 17 2004, 10:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YFZ_53 @ Feb 17 2004, 10:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Str8Wicked@Feb 17 2004, 11:50 PM

u can if u get a 10x8............ the 10 is the diameter which will make it light as possible...... the 8 is the width of the rim... w/ the tire being 10 and the rim being 8, it will cause the rim to balloon just like it would on an 8x8 rim giving the lightest combo, yet still giving the most traction :rock [/b][/quote]
Correct me if I'm wrong but the 21 is the height, the 11 is the width of the tire, and the 8 is the size of the rim it will go on. Anyways I never mentioned weight in the post you wuoted from me even thou I guarentee I can throw my paddle and wheel across the room and a buddy can catch wothout breaking a sweat. That is how light they are.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by Str8Wicked+Feb 18 2004, 12:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Str8Wicked @ Feb 18 2004, 12:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2004, 10:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Str8Wicked
@Feb 17 2004, 11:50 PM

u can if u get a 10x8............ the 10 is the diameter which will make it light as possible...... the 8 is the width of the rim... w/ the tire being 10 and the rim being 8, it will cause the rim to balloon just like it would on an 8x8 rim giving the lightest combo, yet still giving the most traction :rock
Correct me if I'm wrong but the 21 is the height, the 11 is the width of the tire, and the 8 is the size of the rim it will go on. Anyways I never mentioned weight in the post you wuoted from me even thou I guarentee I can throw my paddle and wheel across the room and a buddy can catch wothout breaking a sweat. That is how light they are. [/b][/quote]
Yes. I thought when you saiud "u cant get back to a 10" rim" you meant that u will like 8 better...... i was saying that the same size tire on a 10x8 rim will be lighter, but still give the same amount of traction :rock

·
Registered
542 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ_53+Feb 18 2004, 01:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YFZ_53 @ Feb 18 2004, 01:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2004, 12:26 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but the 21 is the height, the 11 is the width of the tire, and the 8 is the size of the rim it will go on. Anyways I never mentioned weight in the post you wuoted from me even thou I guarentee I can throw my paddle and wheel across the room and a buddy can catch wothout breaking a sweat. That is how light they are.
Yes. I thought when you saiud "u cant get back to a 10" rim" you meant that u will like 8 better...... i was saying that the same size tire on a 10x8 rim will be lighter, but still give the same amount of traction :rock [/b][/quote]
Sure, the tire will be a little lighter, but the wheel will be heavier, so I doubt there will be much of a difference. Not to mention, the same tire on a 10" wheel will spin easier than on an 8" wheel. Think about it. Less sidewall flex= more spin. That is why funny cars use tires with real tall sidewalls. ;)

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by 24v+Feb 18 2004, 04:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (24v @ Feb 18 2004, 04:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2004, 01:14 PM

Yes. I thought when you saiud "u cant get back to a 10" rim" you meant that u will like 8 better...... i was saying that the same size tire on a 10x8 rim will be lighter, but still give the same amount of traction :rock
Sure, the tire will be a little lighter, but the wheel will be heavier, so I doubt there will be much of a difference. Not to mention, the same tire on a 10" wheel will spin easier than on an 8" wheel. Think about it. Less sidewall flex= more spin. That is why funny cars use tires with real tall sidewalls. ;) [/b][/quote]
a 20x10x10 is lighter than a 20x10x8 being that tire weighs more than rim...... the 8 inch rim is an 8x8.... the first 8 is the diameter w/ the second being the width.... the width of the rim is the reason it balloons like it does giving it more traction.... so, if you get a 10x8 rim, it will ne lighter because there is more rim, but still get the same traction because the wheel is still only 8" wide :rock

·
Registered
214 Posts
When saying I like the 8 better than a 10 I was saying they do much better. I guess it's personal opinion, plus my wheels are custom cut so they are even lighter. They grab like no other and have no problem hooking up at all.... I love em...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ_53+Feb 18 2004, 02:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YFZ_53 @ Feb 18 2004, 02:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2004, 04:10 PM

Sure, the tire will be a little lighter, but the wheel will be heavier, so I doubt there will be much of a difference. Not to mention, the same tire on a 10" wheel will spin easier than on an 8" wheel. Think about it. Less sidewall flex= more spin. That is why funny cars use tires with real tall sidewalls. ;)
a 20x10x10 is lighter than a 20x10x8 being that tire weighs more than rim...... the 8 inch rim is an 8x8.... the first 8 is the diameter w/ the second being the width.... the width of the rim is the reason it balloons like it does giving it more traction.... so, if you get a 10x8 rim, it will ne lighter because there is more rim, but still get the same traction because the wheel is still only 8" wide :rock [/b][/quote]
Ok, let me break this down in plain english for you. ets say you have 2 sets of wheels and tires. One of them is 20x11x10 mounted on a 10x8 wheel, and the second is 20x11x8 mounted on an 8x8 wheel.
20=overall tire hieght, 11=tire width, 8, or 10=wheel diameter
So, the 20x11x10 has a sidewall height of 5", both above, and below the rim, for a grand total of 10" of sidewall.
The 20x11x8 has a sidewall height of 6", both above, and below the rim, for a grand total of 12".
More sidewall=more flex, more flex=more traction. So, an 8x8 wheel on a 20x11x8 tire will have more traction than a 10x8 wheel on a 20x11x10. It really is a simple concept. If the 10 provided mre traction, you would see drag racers running smaller sidewall profiled tires.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
i see wat u r saying now.... i would still go w/ the 10x8 because of the weight... i think it would make up for the very little bit of traction u lose :rock

·
Registered
542 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ_53@Feb 18 2004, 02:52 PM
i see wat u r saying now.... i would still go w/ the 10x8 because of the weight... i think it would make up for the very little bit of traction u lose :rock
I am all for the 10" wheel. The 8" looks too small imho. But, I was just trying to explain to you how it works. :rock

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by 24v+Feb 18 2004, 04:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (24v @ Feb 18 2004, 04:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--YFZ_53@Feb 18 2004, 02:52 PM
I am all for the 10" wheel. The 8" looks too small imho. But, I was just trying to explain to you how it works. :rock [/b][/quote]
thnx man.... i get it now... now i gots to go correct all the people i told my way :lol

·
Registered
214 Posts
Originally posted by 24v+Feb 18 2004, 02:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (24v @ Feb 18 2004, 02:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2004, 04:10 PM

a 20x10x10 is lighter than a 20x10x8 being that tire weighs more than rim...... the 8 inch rim is an 8x8.... the first 8 is the diameter w/ the second being the width.... the width of the rim is the reason it balloons like it does giving it more traction.... so, if you get a 10x8 rim, it will ne lighter because there is more rim, but still get the same traction because the wheel is still only 8" wide :rock
Ok, let me break this down in plain english for you. ets say you have 2 sets of wheels and tires. One of them is 20x11x10 mounted on a 10x8 wheel, and the second is 20x11x8 mounted on an 8x8 wheel.
20=overall tire hieght, 11=tire width, 8, or 10=wheel diameter
So, the 20x11x10 has a sidewall height of 5", both above, and below the rim, for a grand total of 10" of sidewall.
The 20x11x8 has a sidewall height of 6", both above, and below the rim, for a grand total of 12".
More sidewall=more flex, more flex=more traction. So, an 8x8 wheel on a 20x11x8 tire will have more traction than a 10x8 wheel on a 20x11x10. It really is a simple concept. If the 10 provided mre traction, you would see drag racers running smaller sidewall profiled tires. [/b][/quote]
I have a feeling we are trying to make the same point..... lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts