YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of modding by stock exhaust by either drilling holes or cutting the exhaust apart and removing all packing and installing a mesh tube. How did you do yours? Are you happy with the results?
Thanks,

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I took the pipe off and then used a 1 inch hole saw with a magnet in it, to drill out the wall in the middle of the pipe. And left the baffle out.

You know it was cool for a while cause it helped with the power output, sounds betterm and you can really feel the exhaust coming out ot the pipe now.

Not to mention that it is totatly sleeper :D

But without a doubt the bike is faster with a pipe on it, I put my buddies Alba pipe on just for giggles and it for sure revs faster.

Overall it is ok and free, so its working for me while I decide on which pipe to buy, I think that I have either decided to go with the ESR pipe or have [email protected] Alley build me a pipe like the ESR.

You see I really had to think about what I wanted here cause I don't have the cash to be buying "disposable" pipes like some others. :lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm with you on waiting for a pipe Pahrump, I want to see and hear some before I buy.

With the T/A,like selectors do you need adifferent water neck,or is that just with the ESR?

I would like some more bark on the bottom.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by BigAl@Jan 26 2004, 04:44 PM
I'm with you on waiting for a pipe Pahrump, I want to see and hear some before I buy.

With the T/A,like selectors do you need adifferent water neck,or is that just with the ESR?

I would like some more bark on the bottom.
If you get the one like selectors you do not need a different water neck. But if you have him build you one to the ESR specs then you do. The water necks are only like $8.

For more bottom end and to not lose any top end I would go with the TZ like selectors, the header is 8" longer than stock and gives hella low end grunt.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Pahrump, I really appreciate it.
Later,

·
Registered
479 Posts
how come you guys don't like the hmf's?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by liftedtaco38s@Jan 27 2004, 12:38 PM
how come you guys don't like the hmf's?
all pipes are in the same HP range. It is just where the max power kicks in. Thunder Alley is a MX pipe (low to mid range power). HMF is mostly top end power. The right pipe for you depends on what u do with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts