YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Unless it is Fuel Injection and an All Aluminum frame I am not worried. The picture the front shocks look like the 400 but who knows. Its been a good year for atvs! Nice to have some competition! I am going to gladly stick with the Company that stuck with atvs in the 90s and did not get out of it or make lil wimpy quads. Do I see a TRX450RCentral.com? :lol September 10 we will find out how it compares!

·
Registered
812 Posts
I'm glad to see that Honda finally is ending the rumors. It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up. The frame definitely doesn't look aluminum and I highly doubt it's fuel injected. The shocks don't look to nice either and the A-arms look like regular 400EX A-arms. I'll gladly welcome it to the market though, competition is always good. Honda's aren't too bad either. LOL

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'll probably trade the KFX in and get the Honda. That way I can do my own shootouts. I really love my YFZ. It's good to see that there will be competition in the class. Really how fair would it be for the YFZ to dominate everything else as it does now. From the comparisons I've read on the dirt bikes the YFZ will be faster and rev quicker more like a two stroke, which is what I like and the CRF is a bit mild but easier to ride. Given that I think I will like the YFZ better.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It will be close.. the yfz handels great so honda cant improve to much on that..

lookin at the concept drawing i like the looks of the yfz 100 times more.. but it will be nice to see honda stepping up.. Its finally not hopin up the machines to race anymore, the big four is finally stepping up. I can see quad racing getting a lot bigger now. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
:zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz UGLY OMG THAT THING IS LIKE :bawl :nono :nono big mistake on honds part :eek :eek :eek :eek thats the uglyist thing i cannot express how UGLY that THING

·
Registered
812 Posts
I'll probably get one next year also just to see, unless it is a flop, which I highly doubt. It would be interesting if it ends up having an aluminum frame. Aluminum is so much more rigid, but it is sure light. I think I could live with that.

·
Registered
625 Posts
wow I thought I was the only one that called em Crackenfail......... :lol I would shit a brick if Honda released a aluminum framed EFI quad like all the hondaheads are predicting. I just dont see them taking that kind of risk on an ATV.
Isaac

·
Registered
812 Posts
I think it's highly unlikely that they'll release a fuel injected bike. I would think they would try it on their motorcycles first. They always seem to put the top race stuff on the bikes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
what no rezzies on the front and its race ready ?!?!?!? i thinhk there going to equal it unless they make it 290 pounds and then put a kick start on it to make it lighter other then that honda cant do crap but i do hope something goes wrong with the motor so all the honda peopole can STFU about raptors 2001 trannys........... :| well i dont but i like honda my dad is a honda fan i might get this then the
YFZ but actuallly i bleed blue out of my ass and i bleed red out of my eye so its hard :lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
that is a sketch. not to take up for honda, but they are good bikes. i have had my 400ex for year and a half now and the only thing it has a problem with is brake pads :re can't seem to keep a set of them on there for about three rides :( but if honda comes out with something they WILL NOT risk there ass. they will do there homework now that they have a yfz to look over try to be just like yamaha. i dunno that is just my veiw of things. but i will tell you that i like both brands i just didn't go yamaha when i need to step up for my blaster because yamaha had nothing to compare with the 400ex. but now that yamaha has something better than honda i am going back. if i was a honda man why would i just have put a downpayment on a yfz? :yfz

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't think the Honda will beat the YFZ ! I heard that Honda stuffed the CRF 450 in a 400ex frame? I hope it is something really cool but I will not hold my breath and will prolly buy a Yamaha cause I have done tht mods on two YFZ so far and I am really impressed!

·
Registered
27 Posts
hmmm thats strange... I'm prettty sure that exactly what the Arctic Cat piece of shit looks like. I think thats a drawing of the Cat, def not the TRX450R. No need to worry about the shitty looks, thats all A.C. crappyness. I mean honda hasent even released anything except saying it will be unveiled sept 10

Brett :rock :rock Rock on

·
Registered
8 Posts
It looks like the DVX400 from arctic :rock ... and I don't think this is the final shape... if someone will depend on those websites he will absolutely far away from the real things... and note in this draw you will see it is not wide like the other Honda's ( should be 46"" at least)

By the way ... every one knows that the Honda will do something to hold its positions... as the legendary TRX250R :evilgrin ... which was 325 pounds when it is stock.... so I think they will do the same or less in the new 450 :woo

The TRX will be in the market as soon as at the end of this month in USA..... And we will get it on JAN.... as the dealer told me

1 - 20 of 23 Posts