YFZ Central banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are two videos we shot over the fourth weekend, one shows 450 vs z400 in a drag and the other a modified Banshee and 450

http://yfzracer.bluetraxx.com/media.htm

there is a third one, just showing us ride it for the first time cause it is plain fun to ride.

·
Registered
82 Posts
that is what i did all day sunday.and was barely beat by a highly modded shee. poor rapturd owners. :lol think that on paper they will be the winners.

·
Registered
32 Posts
get a better rider on that z400 that keeps the wheels down and i bet the drag would be closer. The z problably still wouldn't win, but the drag would probably be a little bit closer.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
well the z's on stock tires while the yfz is on paddles. i dont think the race would be THAT much of a difference. either way, im more than impressed

·
Registered
812 Posts
I drag raced my buddy on his Z400 with a K&N, jetted and a tri oval ti Yosh pipe and he is slightly faster than my stock YFZ, it wouldn't take much to get it faster. He spanks me on my Raptor.

·
Registered
812 Posts
My stock Raptor beats my sisters souped up Banshee. I don't know how much hp, but the Banshee just has so much wheelspin that it has a hard time going, but I definitely think those are a little rigged up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Originally posted by Woody_YFZ@Jul 25 2003, 06:14 AM
I drag raced my buddy on his Z400 with a K&N, jetted and a tri oval ti Yosh pipe and he is slightly faster than my stock YFZ, it wouldn't take much to get it faster. He spanks me on my Raptor.
My friend has a 45h.p.+ Z400 with the yosh tri oval, K&N, Yosh 450 kit, ported, polished, drz ignition, and a 41 fcr carb. He also added 1 tooth to the rear sprocket, and added 1 tooth to the front and runs stock sized tires. This quad runs quite a bit faster than a piped-only z400. Anyways I ran dead even with him in a drag race on my YFZ 450. So either your bud has a few mods that he isn't telln you about, or your yfz ain't runn'n right. Not calln you a liar or tryn to start nothn, just lettn ya know you might wanna have your yfz checked out. :)

·
Registered
812 Posts
We went to the track today and another guy was there on a YFZ, he had the spark arrestor removed, air box lid removed and re jetted and he was quite a bit faster than the Z400. All I have done is take out the spark arrestor and it is now a little faster than the Z400. The sad part is, he's into his bike $6,200 and he hasn't even put suspension or A-arms on yet. I love my YFZ.

·
Registered
121 Posts
my friend did the same thing on his z, dropped a bunch of money in the motor without touchn the suspention. It was fast as hell, but only in a strait line. He just recently got Elka's, a-arms, and axle.

·
Registered
812 Posts
His next step is shocks and A-arms. I personally think he should have done the shocks first. He can't go fast enough to use the power because his suspension can't handle the bumps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts