YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike shut off when i hit the gas i took the sparkarrester out i dont have it any more or i would put it back in is this why it shuts off it wil run as long as u hit the gas slow heip please :re

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by RYTIE@Sep 17 2003, 05:21 PM
my bike shut off when i hit the gas i took the sparkarrester out i dont have it any more or i would put it back in is this why it shuts off it wil run as long as u hit the gas slow heip please :re
Sparky's got nut'n to do with it. Is your choke in? Fuel on?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I think the jetting may be alittle off mine does it also if it is just ideling and I stamp the gas it will bog and sometimes just die. But if i gradually give it gas past 1/4 throttle and then stab it, it does great.

Is this a mixture screw problem?

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by seatec@Sep 18 2003, 01:56 AM
might be starving for fuel put 45 pilot in. just a guess.
that and adjust the air screw to 2 1/2 turns out from stock and adjust ur idle a lii higher too

·
Registered
126 Posts
If it shuts off every time you give it gas fast or slow, then it could be a bad TORS. Follow the wires from the throttle housing to the connector, unplug and jump them. See if that helps.

If you give it gas slowly and it starts to rev then dies, TORS is not the problem, and may be jetting or something else.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Mine will only do it right off idle and it is brand new and completly stock.

I already raised the idle up a little and it helped alot with the stalling in slow turns.
Where it the air screw and how do I get to it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts