YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I changed the impeller seals and all that went fine, but all the coolant came out and I can't figure out how to get it back in, I have added some but I think there is an air bubble or something and the only way I see to fill it is through the resivour, if anyone knows anything about this please let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Gotta remove brake side plastic "fender". You'll see the radiator cap on top of the end corner of the radiator. Fill it to the top neck. Run it, wobble it, jump it, whisper sweet nothings (or talk dirty if she's that kind of girl). Then remove the cap again, once it has cooled, and top off if needed.

All the bouncing will remove any trapped air, it will settle a bit, and then you top it off.

Make sure your expansion bottle on the back is right at the full mark. Any higher and you'll spill coolant when it expands.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Yea fill it...let it run a bit..the air will work itself out..fill it do the wobble wobble as mentioned above...2 or 3 times and you should be good to go!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gotta remove brake side plastic "fender". You'll see the radiator cap on top of the end corner of the radiator. Fill it to the top neck. Run it, wobble it, jump it, whisper sweet nothings (or talk dirty if she's that kind of girl). Then remove the cap again, once it has cooled, and top off if needed.

All the bouncing will remove any trapped air, it will settle a bit, and then you top it off.

Make sure your expansion bottle on the back is right at the full mark. Any higher and you'll spill coolant when it expands.
Thank you this was helpful but is the expansion tank necessary for using the machine

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Thank you this was helpful but is the expansion tank necessary for using the machine
I wouldn't run without it. When coolant temperatures change the volume of the liquid changes and as it cools and heats up it sucks in a little extra or pushes out a little extra and you don't want air in the system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts