YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to build one bad yfz450r. Money is not an issue. However I do want this to be running pump fuel because race fuel is hard or me to obtain where I live. I have a 2014 yfz450r. I Already have a msd blaster, full yoshimura exhaust, and Fci Intake. Help me with everything else please. I'll mainly be using it for dragging. Money's not a problem, but I do want to do everything I can to it including cheap mods/hacks whatever I can. Give me all you got guys! I'm all ears.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Call some of the west coast builders, they can take you to the right direction.

More than likely you're looking at throttle body bore matched to your head after droppping some oversized valves and some port work and a set of custom cams. Not sure where the efi stroker scene is lately, but thats also a option. A big bore stroker can be set up for pump gas while raising compression.

Have fun forking out the thousands lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay seems like this thread was a mistake because only yfzman gave me some actual advice. Should have figured as much anyway most everybody else just wants to talk crap to people. Yes i know its much more simple to create a carb quad anyday, but I picked an efi quad on purpose. It can be done. So if you don't want to offer real help, then click the back button. You don't have to post a reply.

·
Raised from the Dead x2
1,265 Posts
If money isn't an issue it can be done. Wanting to run on pump gas will hold u back though. But can be built none the less. I'd give geoff at mmad a call and let him know what u want and he can point u in the right direction and build u one bad machine. There's a few other good reputable builders in the west that u can look into. U can also look into cutting the machines weight by removing unnecessary things from it, cutting the frame, or getting some titanium parts for it like stem, arms, swinger, etc. Just depends on how serious of a drag bike it is. Just curious, what or why makes u want to build an EFI bike over a carb one?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.