YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Im building a small mx track and I need some tips on how to make some jumps, how do you make them level, any tips would be great, I have all the machines and dirt to do it since I live on a farm

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
its hard to explain

just make sure they are level at the top (unless your good at correcting yourself really fast) and just build it lol thats about it

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
the few i have built around our house, it was more trial and error, the hardest part is getting enough dirt piled up, shape it a little bit like you think it should look, walk it in real tight (take the tractor/bobcat what ever... and just drive back and forth over and over and over, over lapping your tire tracks a little with each pass to pack it all in really hard)

once you get it shaped a little, get on your quad and give it a slow roll over, hit it a little faster, take note of how it throws you, do you want it higher? longer? faster? etc. its just trial and error till you figure the shape you like.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok ig we will give it a try, the hardest part is going to be making the landing ramps right

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
for some reason when i build a jump ( might be the same for some ppl) but i just knwo where to place the landing, its really weird. Like i can see a jump and invision where your gunna land and im like 99.9% right

1 - 5 of 5 Posts