YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Straaaanngeee things are happening...for some reason my headlights are all messed up. When I put it on low beam just the left light works, when i switch it to high beam nothing works at all...I have no idea what's going on!

·
Registered
773 Posts
It's got to be in the wiring or @ the switch. There's no logic in the headlights.

Have you tried looking @ the lamps? I have not seen mine, but I would suspect they are dual-filament type. You could have (3) of (4) filaments broken.

Really shouldn't be that tough to figure out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went over all wiring and inspected the bulbs. Everything checks out fine. I had replaced the switch after a wreck but they were working fine after replacing it. It doesn't make any sense unless the switch suddenly went bad...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Originally posted by Skamakazie@Nov 30 2003, 07:47 PM
Straaaanngeee things are happening...for some reason my headlights are all messed up. When I put it on low beam just the left light works, when i switch it to high beam nothing works at all...I have no idea what's going on!
Take it back to the dealer, if still under warranty, and ask them to check the AC Regulator.

Mine was bad and the bulbs blew as soon as I turned on the switch. I had to replace 2 sets before I actually took it in. I wanted to find it by myself so they would think I was some kind of kook.

They reimbursed me the $50, replaced the AC Regulator, and put new bulbs in.

I haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot, that sounds like a plan...the problem is i bought the bike in maine this summer and i'm in new jersey...hopefully it'll still be under warranty next time i get up there!!!

·
Registered
983 Posts
wow, any authorized yami dealer has to honor the warranty. just like cars i would imagin.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Originally posted by Skamakazie@Dec 12 2003, 09:10 AM
Thanks a lot, that sounds like a plan...the problem is i bought the bike in maine this summer and i'm in new jersey...hopefully it'll still be under warranty next time i get up there!!!
I bought mine in Utah and line in CA.
I took it to my local Yamaha dealer and they fixed it under waranty.
Any Yamaha dealer will do. :D

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
OOPS.

That was I "LIVE" in CA....

Just another day sleeping on the job.... :zzz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts